Origin Stories Ch.8
Events have proven to be an amazing tool for VIATEC to serve our members and they often achieve multiple goals at once. They provide a dynamic vehicle to recognize our leaders as examples, to learn from each other and experts, to celebrate wins and failures.
This event calendar contains not only VIATEC organized events, but events from the local tech sector and community! Scroll, read and register!
Click the "+" icon to post an event to our calendar!*
*Subject to approval by VIATEC. Events must be a minimum of 3 weeks out or they may not be approved. Please include bullets for "What you'll learn" or "What will be discussed".
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm your subscription.
Origin Stories Ch.8
Wednesday, October 20, 2021 (4:30 PM - 6:30 PM) (PDT)
Have you ever wondered:
- How an entrepreneur got “the idea”?
- Which steps they took to get their company off the ground?
- Which missteps happened along the way?
- Or maybe you’re more interested in the process of selling a company and what happens next...
Join VIATEC and the Capital Investment Network for Origin Stories (formerly “Startup Stories”), an event series where two local founders share their experiences in order to teach us all a few valuable lessons.
Each chapter will consist of:
- An Impact Founder – These founders are in the middle of their business and can shine a light on starting a company and experience in fundraising. They have solid growth, but are still growing a brand (over 1 year of experience)
- A RocketShip Founder – These founders are much the same as Impact Founders, but have more experience (5+ years), and the majority of these them having had an exit or are close to selling their business, with more highs and lows along the way.
Chapter 8 - Oct 20:
- 4:30pm - Check-in*, networking
- 4:55pm - Welcome from Sponsor
- 5pm - Tessa McLoughlin, KWENCH story (15min Impact Founder story, 5 min Q&A)
- 5:20pm - Shaun Jamieson, Silkstart story (25min RocketShip Founder story, 5 min Q&A)
- 5:50pm-6:30pm - Networking, end.
Appetizers provided, and drinks will be by donation to the VIATEC Foundation Fund (ATM onsite, or please bring change).
Co-Host: Jordan Schley, Capital Investment Network
Co-Host: Tessa Davies, VIATEC
Questions? Contact Jordan Schley at firstname.lastname@example.org
*This event will not be recorded, but will be available via online streaming to those guests who register for a virtual event ticket. As per a unanimously approved board motion; for the foreseeable future, in-person attendance at VIATEC events requires that all attendees provide proof of full vaccination. When possible, VIATEC will provide online options for members that can not attend in person. This policy is subject to change in response to rising COVID-19 related cases, hospitalization and/or death counts, as well as public health advisories and/or new variants.
777 Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1G9 Canada
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion