Redbrick is headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching
- People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located offices (Victoria & Minneapolis)
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Employee sponsored financial wellness program
- Monthly fitness reimbursements & and annual bike to work reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability — all thanks to the people we hire.
5 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
"Redbrick is the 4 Fs: fun, fulfilling, fast-paced and flexible!"
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You need to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As the Accounting Clerk in Shared Services, you’ll be responsible for:
- Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable:
- Bank and credit card reconciliations;
- Accounts payable: invoice entry, approval, pay runs
- Accounts receivable: invoice entry, approval, collection and reconciliation
- Employee Expenses
- Corporate credit cards
- Expense reports - experience with Expensify is beneficial
- Entry to the accounting system
- Month-end support
- Bank deposits
What we would like to see in you?
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As an Accounting Clerk with Shared Services, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- Currently enrolled in a business program or recent diploma or bachelor graduate with a focus on accounting and finance.
- Ability to learn new software platforms
- Ability to balance multiple deliverables/priorities
- Solutions focused
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn.
- Team player who loves a challenge and a VERY fast-paced work environment. Like, super fast!
- Excellent written communication skills.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume - https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/careers/231
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Redbrick!
Redbrick is committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level