Application Analyst - BC Transit
Application Analyst - BC Transit
The Application Analyst is responsible for providing technical support for business-critical applications and systems
Location: Victoria, BC
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: MoveUp Group 11 with TMA, MIN $7,366.00 - MAX $8,845.00
Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 09/25/2023
Are we right for you...
We’re passionate about people and creating sustainable, safe and affordable public transit solutions to residents across BC. We are an organization that has a people-first approach and considers people first in every business decision that we make. We are part of the solution and what we do matters; from fighting climate change with battery electric buses, to affordability through cost effective transportation, to connecting remote communities, we bring the heart, soul and innovation to public transportation.
It’s an exciting time to be in public transportation sector and we’re looking for a creative and passionate leader to join our team. Not only would you be joining an engaged organization but you’d also get to enjoy flexible work arrangements, extended benefits and a pension plan as just a few of the benefits BC Transit employees are eligible for. Keep reading to find out if this role is meant for you!
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Supervisor for the Enterprise Application team, the Application Analyst is responsible for providing technical support for business-critical applications and systems. Responsibilities include carrying out software development lifecycles, patching, debugging, performing feature enhancement, and providing tier-2 technical support. This role also produces, maintains, and enhance Ad-hoc reports using PowerBI, BI Publisher, SQL reports.
You will also establish and maintain regular contact and communication with both business application owners and end users in support of their systems. Contact and communication with vendors for support related issues as well as to staying informed on upcoming changes is another crucial requirement for this role. This will allow you to maintain and enhance the product support documentation library and assist in delivering change requests by working with your Supervisor and Senior Application Analysts in user requirement analysis and solution design.
For additional information about the full accountabilities of this position please review the Application Analyst Job Description.
What you'll bring to the table...
- Experience working with enterprise HR, Payroll, Finance or other business critical applications
- Experience supporting business critical applications using Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- Experience supporting and implementing O365, M365 and Dynamic 365
- Experience with SharePoint administration. Knowledge of SharePoint environment setup and management, SharePoint platform configuration.
- Experience developing and supporting SQL, BI Publisher and Hubble Report.
- Demonstrated experience and discretion in the management of confidential , customer, employee and corporate information and systems which can affect payroll and cash flow
- Experience with supporting and implementing solutions using Power App platforms.
- Experience utilizing a ticketing system to log issues, incidents, and requests
- Experience creating and updating knowledge base articles, end user documentation and technical guidelines
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, BI Publisher, Crystal Reports, JD Edwards Report Writ
What we'll bring to the table...
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits to support you and your family, regardless of what life throws at you
- Membership in a “gold plated” defined benefit pension plan, meaning it’s the best in the Province and one of the best in the country; putting you in a strong position when it comes time to retire
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level