Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst
Avocette is currently searching for an Application Support Analyst to join our team. This is a permanent position working out of our Victoria downtown office.
The Application Support Analyst (ASA) is responsible for handling application and system problems or incidents disrupting an application that the client depends on. The ASA is also responsible for packaging up enhancements and non-critical bug fixes for deployment into the development, test, and production environments.
The ASA must have a good level of organization and communication (verbal and written), ability to show ownership, and provide excellent customer service to clients. The qualified candidate will adhere to Avocette’s vision, mission statement, and corporate values.
- Ability to self-manage and take ownership of issues through to a successful completion
- Provide top level application and technical support for a variety of clients
- Provide Incident and Request management using an ITIL compliant ITSM
- Prepare documentation for Releases, Quality Assurance (QA), and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Coordination of QA and UAT users with verifying application functionality
- Create Requests for Change (RFC) with the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and attend CAB meetings
- Provide application validation when critical patch updates have been applied to servers
- Provide input, documentation and validation regarding estimations for enhancements and project service requests
- Coordinate development resources with the technical team lead throughout the development life cycle
- Minimum 7 progressive experience in application support including system planning, documentation, stakeholder management, risk assessment, communication planning and implementation
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience with information technology projects and information system planning
- Ability to provide high quality documentation
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to self-manage time and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of project management techniques an asset
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Visio) and MS Project
If you feel you meet all of the above requirements, please apply to this posting directly in the strictest of confidence to: Recruiting@Avocette.com. Please note that, due to overwhelming responses, only short listed candidates will be contacted. As part of Avocette’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, and criminal offence.
Avocette Technologies Inc. (Avocette) was founded in 1977 and is based out of offices in Victoria BC and New Westminster BC. We focus on providing information technology solutions and consulting to public sector organizations at all levels in Canada and the United States. We also provide IT consulting services, software and IT managed services to the BC Public Sector, non-profit organizations, healthcare providers, regulatory organizations and private sector companies.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level