Bambora, a Worldline brand is on a mission to shape ‘the most customer focused payments experience’. Join our team in Victoria, BC, as a Back-End Developer for a 12-month contract. We are seeking software developers to join a team of developers who have complete ownership of a payments-related product.
Please note, this is a contract position for approximately 12 months.
Join us now! https://jobs.ingenico.com/bambora/job/Victoria-Back-End-Developer-CA-BC-V8T/659087601/
What you will do:
- Maintain our legacy application (a distributed web-based software application that includes VB6, ASP Classic, C#, stored procedures in MSSQL), including investigating issues, fixing bugs and designing, coding, testing and documenting any unavoidable feature updates in collaboration with other developers, IT operations, and product owners
- Hone your skills as a technical mentor and/or mentee through peer code reviews and other collaborative software design and development practices.
- Take part in an agile Scrum environment through the rituals of stand-ups, retrospectives, planning, and refinement sessions, and the practice of iterative and incremental changes with releases approximately monthly.
- Have bi-weekly one-on-one check-ins with your manager for support.
Who you are:
You love solving puzzles, for you the lure of the new and shiny can’t compare to the satisfaction of fixing a really tricky bug. The core responsibilities of this position are investigating bugs and solving problems for both internal and external customers, with some development to solve critical compliance or security issues.
From our perspective, to be successful as a Back-End Developer you will have, or be on your way to developing and gaining:
- Experience developing web services and applications using Classic ASP, VB6 and .Net.
- Experience working with large legacy codebases.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent job experience.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQL Server.
- An understanding of web application security and of software design patterns.
- Familiarity with technical practices such as test-driven development and continuous integration.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience developing web services and applications using C#.
- Experience managing Windows or Linux-based servers.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo and/or Git.
- And, knowledge of e-commerce and / or payments industry.
Please note, Bambora requires that all candidates have legal eligibility to work in Canada and be willing to undergo a background check upon hire.
Who we are:
We are proud to come together as innovators, service engineers, financial advisors, marketers, and digital masters. We are champions of everyday commerce. We don’t wait for change, but rather see it as our mission to challenge, push the boundaries, redefine normal, and thereby achieve the extraordinary.
The payment market is rapidly changing, and Bambora, a Worldline Brand is a part of that change. We are a payment company with a global presence and a mission to simplify payments for small and midsized merchants whether that business is in-store, online or in-app. In November 2020, we became part of Worldline, one of the world's largest payment companies, which provides increased opportunities for us to simplify payments and help customers grow worldwide. In North America we are globally minded with a start-up atmosphere. You will experience this in your every-day life as a Worldliner!
Apply here: https://jobs.ingenico.com/bambora/job/Victoria-Back-End-Developer-CA-BC-V8T/659087601/