Benefits and Payroll Coordinator
Benefits and Payroll Coordinator
Redbrick is headquartered on the unceded Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and play on this beautiful land.
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
“For me, it all comes down to the people. I feel so fortunate to be part of a team of talented, passionate, brilliant people who challenge and support me to do my best work every day. Every company puts an emphasis on culture, but to Redbrick it’s everything. From the design of our office to how we recruit new members to our team, our culture is hardcoded into our company DNA. Here, we’ve built a culture of teamwork where everyone’s contributions are valued, and together we’re able to build truly great companies.”
— Olivia, Redbrick
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and in the office. In-office time brings many perks, however, we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As a Benefits and Payroll Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Onboarding and orienting new hires with their benefits and payroll (TD1, verify I9 documents, benefit forms, etc.)
- This will include getting them set up in our HRMS, onboarding emails, etc.
- Administration/set-up of employee hires, departures and changes in the following platforms:
- Payroll system
- Benefit portals (Group Benefits, RRSP, Employer Assistance Program)
- HRMS portal
- PEO portal (US employees)
- Benefit plans
- Managing Canadian and US benefits
- Canada: Group benefits, EAP, RRSP, etc.
- US: Medical plans, DCFSA, HSA, 401k, open enrollment, etc.
- Scheduling information sessions throughout the year with the benefits broker
- Annual review and recommendation of benefit plans to management
- Preparation of government remittance filings (WCB, EHT, etc.)
- Answering day to day questions from employees and management regarding all things benefits and payroll
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Benefits and Payroll Coordinator with Redbrick, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent ability to prioritize and organize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years of payroll and/or benefits administration experience
- Ability to resolve conflict or issues in a timely, effective and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with your cover letter and one-page resume. https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=86
2. Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
3. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening, and Redbrick!
Redbrick is committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level