Bookkeeper - FT, Victoria BC
Alacrity Canada is actively seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to join the team as a Bookkeeper. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the operations team in Victoria, BC.
About Alacrity Canada:
Alacrity Canada facilitates success and economic growth in the Western Canadian technology sector by providing support and entrepreneurial mentorship to promising entrepreneurs, in addition to finding and connecting these individuals with the venture capital funding is needed to develop thriving local tech companies.
About the Role:
The Bookkeeper will receive functional direction from the Controller and will provide the full range of bookkeeping services. The Bookkeeper will oversee Alacrity Canada’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. The chosen candidate will perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
● Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner, and submit payroll taxes.
● Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as-needed basis.
● Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner.
● Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function, including reviewing, coding, and processing payments.
● Perform account receivable functions, including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition.
● Prepare financial reports through the collection, analysis, and summarization of data.
● Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
● Completing other ad hoc projects as deemed necessary by the Controller.
● Experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field (Bachelor’s degree would be an asset but not required)
● Min 2 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping.
● Thorough knowledge and understanding of Xero and Quickbooks.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Proficient skills in Microsoft Office tools.
● Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger.
● A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
This position is a Full-Time role (40 hours per week). Compensation will be dependent on experience. We offer a Health benefits package upon completion of a probationary period.
Please apply using this link: https://alacritycanada.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=21
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level