We have an opportunity for a Business Analyst with proven experience translating progressive business requirements into workable solutions. The successful candidate will bring experience in process design, requirements definition, systems development life cycle, project delivery, change management and have a passion for collaboration, solution delivery, and transformation.
Do you have in-depth knowledge and experience identifying and defining business needs, including modelling and documenting technical solutions for COTS products? Do you bring a strong understanding of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)? Do you enjoy working with non-technical end users, writing business test cases, conducting functional testing, and supporting UAT? If you answered “yes” then keep reading as this Business Analyst opening may be the one you have been seeking!
Reporting the Director of Operational Systems, the Business Analyst will partner with stakeholders across each of the business areas gaining insights into current business objectives, operational models, and processes. You will lead initiatives to identify and prioritize functional and technical requirements, analyze, and translate business requirements into scalable integrated business systems.
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Key responsibilities of the Business Analyst include:
- Organize, prepare, and facilitate workshops to gather requirements, lead stakeholder analysis, estimate requirements, define business analysis approach, and lead requirement activities to drive business systems improvement
- Define problem statements, identifying the current state, the desired future state, and the gaps between. Identify goals and scope to guide the organization through process improvement initiatives
- Research and develop business cases including technological alternatives, cost benefit analysis, revenue implications, program area resource impacts, and policy/procedural impacts
- Support the delivery of enterprise-wide projects through the application of business analysis tools and techniques
- Analyze information gathered, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into use cases, user stories, process maps, test cases and technical specifications
- Serve as a liaison between multiple stakeholders to support system design reviews, communicate findings, facilitate decision making and sign-off with business stakeholders
- Coordinate business requirements with IT responsibilities, including acting as a primary contact or go-between for the IT department and the business units
Our Ideal Business Analyst brings:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent field of study is required
- Appropriate level of technical certification (International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP); and/or Lean Six sigma (Green or Black Belt)
- Minimum 8 years’ work experience; requires 5 years’ experience identifying and defining, business needs, including modelling and documenting technical solutions for COTS products
- Experience translating business requirements into workable solutions.
- Understanding of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working effectively with non-technical end users as it relates to testing including writing business test cases, conducting functional testing, and supporting User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Certification in Change management methodologies such as Prosci or equivalent preferred
- Experience working with MS Teams and SharePoint 365 Online
- Experience and understanding of FDA 21CFR Part 11 a plus
- Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a competitive benefits and profit sharing package are included.
To find out more about StarFish Medical, visit: www.StarFishMedical.com If you want to be a part of the innovation culture, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through our brand new Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position. In your cover letter, please tell us about your experience with Excel pivot tables and how you’ve used them in your payroll history.
If you have any issues with our job portal, please reach out to email@example.com with a subject line of “Payroll Specialist Job Portal Issue”
This position is based in Victoria, BC. If you are not already based in Victoria, please address your willingness to relocate in your application.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level