Vivid Solutions is a software development company that creates and implements innovative technology solutions. We thrive on tackling challenges and developing solutions that help people and businesses do what they do even better.
With a focus on value and quality we work closely with our clients to identify the strategic needs of their business to determine the technology capabilities required to support their goals. We help our clients navigate their specific situation to enable them to confidently address technology related decisions and create enduring results.
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to provide leading IT services to our clients.
- Maintain a solid knowledge base of the functional capabilities, and is a Subject Matter Expert, in assigned business domains.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Work closely with the business and customers to elicit, analyze and prioritize requirements at various levels of detail.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful minutes and reports.
- Work closely with product owners, subject matter experts, end users and technical team members.
- Contributing to the development of information architecture, UI design and user flows.
- Create documentation including requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, user guides, testing scripts, process flows and wireframes.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications, verbally and through written documentation, to project team members and client stakeholders so that solutions are understood.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle, enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Take ownership of major incidents, ensuring coordination of resolutions, effective communication to stakeholders, and incident retros/learnings.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; managing budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years project business analysis experience in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Recent experience performing business analysis in the capture, formulation, and validation of integrated business requirements for medium-large, complex systems projects.
- Development of wireframes to visualize potential design solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a business or related field.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach and mentor others.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Experience with Agile Development processes and agile planning/tracking tools.
- Strong management, communication, technical and collaboration skills and experience.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with clients, team members and other stakeholders.
- Experience with collaboration/team workspace software, issue tracking tools and automated QA.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Nice to have:
- IT experience in public sector environments.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in an IT field.
- Service Design experience.
- UI/UX certification.
- Scrum Master certification.
Benefits & Culture:
- Great health benefits.
- Profit share program.
- RRSP matching.
- Annual Sick leave.
- Team events.
- Personal Health and Wellness budget.
- A company that’s committed to a work life balance with excellent professional growth opportunities.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level