University of Victoria (UVIC)
The University of Victoria is an employer of choice and offers competitive extended healthcare plans, generous vacation time and opportunities for professional development.
The Business Analyst provides business analysis, systems training and user support to more than 60 UVic Alumni and Development staff who work both centrally and in faculties and departments.
The Business Analyst has a central role in improving core business processes, promoting interdepartmental collaboration and optimizing the use of information systems for meaningful engagement with alumni and donor stakeholders.
Key responsibilities are:
- Analyzing, improving, and documenting core business processes that utilize Alumni and Development information systems.
- Contributing to project planning and execution with an emphasis on stakeholder identification, requirements gathering, testing and communications.
- Supporting and instructing on the use of software applications, reports and data.
- Utilizing reporting tools to query and extract reports from databases.
The Business Analyst is expected to gain in-depth understanding of core Alumni and Development business processes, which include activities such as alumni and donor communications, alumni and donor relationship management, event management, tracking and measuring performance, identifying donor prospects, improving data integrity, and fundraising for the university's programs, research and student support, which exceeded $28,500,000 for FY 21.
The Business Analyst supports and provides instruction on how to complete various business processes using software and data applications, which includes a fundraising and alumni engagement CRM SaaS for 200,000+ alumni and donors, online donation and event registration software, email marketing software, visual analytics platform, database reporting tools, data integrity tools, call center software, and a documentation and training resources platform.
This position requires a post-secondary degree in a computer science or business discipline plus a minimum 5 years of experience:
- Analyzing and documenting business processes and related information systems
- Contributing to project planning and execution
- Supporting and instructing on the use of technology, information systems, and data
- Utilizing SQL or other reporting tools to query and extract data from databases
- Developing documentation, training resources and conducting one-on-one and group training
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge requirements include:
- Project management best practices with an emphasis on stakeholder identification, requirements gathering, and communications
- In-depth technical knowledge of database management systems and reporting tools
- In-depth technical knowledge of content management systems and email marketing applications
- In-depth technical knowledge of standard office tools including: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), MS SharePoint, MS Teams
For more information and to apply for this position please visit:
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level