Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Carmanah Technologies Corp.
Carmanah Technologies, based in Victoria, BC, is a leading manufacturer of solar-powered traffic safety products. After more than 20 years, the company’s brand has grown to focus on solutions that increase safety for pedestrians and drivers. This is a very exciting period for municipalities, which are directing more of their attention to safety, sustainability, walkability, and multimodal transportation.
Carmanah believes that all its employees should be provided the opportunity to work in a supportive and equitable environment and is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from how we build our products to how we value and empower our people.
About the Role
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for sales revenue growth and developing a strong rapport with customers and distributors. You will make the most of each opportunity by using your clear communication and strong technical knowledge to grow target markets and accounts. Service and timeliness are very important to our customers and our culture. You will work closely with other Carmanah teams to ensure all sales efforts are successful and aligned with operational goals and strategies.
- Define and implement sales initiatives in target markets and take a hands-on approach to managing the accounts and distributors within them.
- Support distributors’ onboarding, education, and continuous improvement, including identifying areas of opportunity or gaps within our distribution.
- Foster customer relationships to ensure that they fully understand the features and benefits of our products.
- Provide forecasts, account management, and activity reports to management providing the basis for sales and marketing planning.
- Navigate a complex sales cycle with multiple stakeholders and build relationships with decision makers throughout.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of our products including their applications, technical specifications, industry regulations, and competitors.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to identify improvements and be an active participant in change within the organization.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Commerce, or similar.
- 5 – 10 years solid business to business sales experience.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Proficient with business software including Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Experience working with sales and marketing tools such as CRMs and lead generation tools.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with distributors, customers, and stakeholders with a commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to build and maintain strong product knowledge, as well as an understanding of competitor positioning.
- Experience preparing educational content and hosting webinars.
- Proven ability to develop creative product marketing programs based on local market needs.
- Sense of urgency and the desire to excel in a competitive environment.
- Some travel may be required (only when safe to do so).
This position will work on-site at our Victoria office. Covid safety protocols are in place and are diligently followed. The health and safety of all of our employees is priority.
Benefits & Perks
- Annual Variable Compensation Plan (the bonus plan)
- Generous Healthcare, Dentalcare plan and Employee Assistance Program
- Health Spending Account
- Health & Wellness Subsidy
- 3 weeks vacation to start. 4 weeks at 5-years
- Paid unplanned emergency days
- Professional Development subsidies
- Secure bike cage
- Shower facilities
- Community support and regular social activities!
- Robust recycling program (bring in municipal limited items from home)
- Weekly snacks
- FREE parking!
To apply, visit https://carmanah.com/about-us/careers/ and submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing why you think this position and working at Carmanah is a good fit for you!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level