Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative
Carmanah Technologies Corp.
Carmanah Technologies, is a leading manufacturer of solar-powered traffic safety products. After more than 20 years, the company’s brand has grown to focus on solutions that increase safety for pedestrians and drivers. This is a very exciting period for municipalities, which are directing more of their attention to safety, sustainability, walkability, and multimodal transportation.
Carmanah believes that all should be provided the opportunity to work in a supportive and equitable environment and is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from how we build our products to how we value and empower our people.
About the Role
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for sales revenue growth and developing a strong rapport with customers and distributors. You will make the most of each opportunity by using your clear communication and strong technical knowledge to grow target markets and accounts. Service and timeliness are very important to our customers and our culture. You will work closely with other Carmanah teams to ensure all sales efforts are successful and aligned with operational goals and strategies.
- Timely service to our inbound marketing-qualified leads to help guide customers through their education and buying journey.
- Foster customer relationships to ensure that they fully understand the features and benefits of our products.
- Define and implement sales initiatives in target markets and take a hands-on approach to managing the customers and distributors within them.
- Manage distributors and their projects, orders, and training to support their growth.
- Improve our customer experience and maximize retention through planning, goal-setting, and follow-ups.
- Navigate a complex sales cycle with multiple stakeholders and build relationships with decision makers throughout.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of our products including their applications, technical specifications, industry regulations, and competitors.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to identify improvements and be an active participant in change within the organization.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Commerce, or similar/ equivalent related experience.
- Business to business sales experience.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with business software including Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Experience working with sales and marketing tools such as CRMs and lead generation tools (tech savvy!)
- Work with a sense of urgency and a desire to excel in a competitive environment.
This position will be working on-site at our Victoria office. Covid safety protocols are in place and are being diligently adhered to. The health and safety of all of our employees is priority.
Benefits & Perks:
- Annual Variable Compensation Plan (the bonus plan)
- Generous Healthcare/Dentalcare plan and Employee Assistance Program
- Health Spending Account
- Health & Wellness Subsidy
- 3 weeks vacation to start. 4 weeks at 5-years
- Paid unplanned emergency days
- Professional Development subsidies
- Secure bike cage
- Shower facilities
- Community support and regular of social activities!
- Robust recycling program (bring in municipal limited items from home)
- Weekly snacks
- FREE parking!
To apply, visit https://carmanah.com/about-us/careers/ and submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing why you think this position and working at Carmanah is a good fit for you!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Junior Level, Senior Level