SendtoNews is looking for someone who lives, eats and breathes data and business analysis. We are looking to hire a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team. You will take responsibility for managing and visualizing our performance data including developing master reports and dashboards, troubleshooting data issues, and performing detailed requirements analysis. To do well in this role you need a fine eye for detail, experience as a data or business analyst, have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Solicit business requirements and identify reporting needs for a variety of stakeholders at SendtoNews.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Prepare and organize reports and dashboards that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data to support decision making.
- Use visual best practices with dashboards and reports to promote user adoption and usability.
- Perform installation, migration and upgrades of Google Data Studio and PowerBI datasets and dashboards.
- Design, implement, and continuously expand data pipelines by performing extraction, transformation, and loading activities.
- Investigate data to identify potential issues within ETL pipelines, notify end-users and propose adequate solutions.
- Collaborate with data engineers and data scientists to improve SendtoNews’ architectural infrastructure & support ongoing business initiatives.
- Write SQL statements to merge datasets and create custom logic to optimize datasets for reporting.
- Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps taken in the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis as necessary.
- Design and manage the reporting environment.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Troubleshoot the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role.
- Demonstrable experience writing SQL statements.
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Use data analytics to proactively identify underlying issues and problems with supported applications, preventing issues from arising and rapidly addressing incidents.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to support the team and help where/when needed - a hands-on approach.
- Strong facilitation and presentation capabilities, combined with consensus building skills.
- Desire to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and complex environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, BigQuery, Google Ad Manager, Google DataStudio, Microsoft PowerBI, Amazon QuickSight and SQL.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience in Google analytics and web ecommerce is a big plus.
- Experience with Jira for managing tasks and a good understanding of Agile software development.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level