Business Solutions Analyst - BCI
Business Solutions Analyst - BCI
Closing Date: January 24, 2023
British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) is one of the largest asset managers in Canada. With $211.1 billion of managed assets, BCI invests globally on behalf of public sector clients. We do fulfilling and meaningful work that makes a difference: 630,000 pension plan beneficiaries and 2.5 million British Columbian workers depend on our clients’ returns. Ensuring their continued financial security is important to us.
The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of clients first, performance focused, world class, accountability, transparency, and integrity.
BCI is focused on building a culture of excellence through our people practices and employee led initiatives. Being named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers and BC’s Top Employers is recognition of BCI’s ongoing effort to be a progressive workplace of choice that continues to attract, retain and promote talent professionals. As an active in-house asset manager, BCI depends on the specialized skills and expertise of its people to successfully execute its world-class investment strategies and fulfill client needs.
Do you have the ability to break down and meet the needs of technical requirements from a business perspective? Our Technology team are seeking an experienced Business Solutions Analyst to be a key member for both our Corporate Applications and enterprise Technology Service Delivery initiatives. This is an exciting new role within BCI, and a chance to be part of an evolving new practice in the Technology team in our Victoria office.
The Business Solutions Analyst is responsible for conducting business and user analysis for assigned business client area applications and processes. The Business Solutions Analyst develops an in-depth understanding of client area goals, objectives, and needs and creates the key business solution artifacts that are needed to enable application and process development and enhancement. Where needed, the Business Solutions Analyst will also directly perform low/no code development or system-specific design and configuration.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Up to 5+ years of experience in a similar role as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Product Owner, or Technical Project Lead with hands-on experience producing business and user analysis
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Agile methods (Scrum and/or Kanban) and DevOps practices
- Ability to design, lead, and facilitate meetings and workshops with stakeholders and present technical details to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, facilitation and presentation skills, listening skills, and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Experience with hybrid technical environments and foundational knowledge of software development, cyber security, cloud platforms and solution lifecycles
- Experience delivering technology solutions to the investment management industry is an asset, including public market trading, investment risk, private markets, investment & client reporting, valuations & fund accounting
- Familiarity with modern low-code and no-code tools is an asset
- Professional certifications or training in Business Analysis (IIBA, PBA, etc.) or Agile methods (Agile Leadership, CSM, CSPO, etc.) is an asset
- Builds an in-depth knowledge of assigned business client area goals, objectives, needs, applications and business processes
- Engages both business and technical stakeholders to elicit and capture business user needs and requirements, and technical expectations
- Designs, leads, and facilitates stakeholder meetings including conducting workshops, planning sessions, interviews, focus groups, demos, and/or conducting reviews of existing applications, processes, and artifacts
- Captures the results of stakeholder engagement efforts in a clear and concise form and validates needs, requirements, and expectations to ensure they meet desired outcomes
- Develops the key artifacts needed to enable application development and enhancements including designs, prototypes, mock-ups, user analysis, user personas, user journey maps, user stories, etc.
- Develops the key artifacts needed to enable business process development and enhancements including capturing business rules, process workflows, process dependency maps, etc.
- Performs system-specific analysis, low-code/no-code development, testing, configuration, production support, and provides technical guidance to others as needed
- Contributes to the planning, development, and implementation of business capability roadmaps and application lifecycle roadmaps
- Advances Agile delivery practices and continuously improves delivery performance through delivery reporting and tracking, backlog development and grooming, sprint or increment planning, and participating in retrospectives.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and provides support, ad hoc training and guidance to business users and others to enable and increase adoption of Agile methods
- Proactively identifies risks and issues and proposes solutions to remove barriers to delivery
- Ensures technical artifacts are accurate, accessible, maintained and communicated
- Undertakes special projects or assignments as required
- Performs other related duties as required
Closing Date: January 24, 2023
WHY APPLY TO JOIN BCI?
BCI is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and has built programs and benefits to support all our employees.
As an employee of BCI you will have access to benefits such as:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- 20 days vacation per year
- Participation in our defined benefit pension plan
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Various wellness benefits
Apply online with a copy of your resume. We encourage timely submissions of applications as candidates will be actively reviewed as the interview process may advance earlier.
Please note: This role is based out of our Victoria office. We offer relocation support for the selected candidate. A hybrid schedule is available with, on average, 3 days in the office and 2 working from home.
BCI has previously enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the wellbeing of all employees. This policy is currently suspended and may be reinstated based on level of risk to BCI employees or Provincial Health Order requirements.
To learn more about this position and apply, go to https://bci.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/BCI_Careers.
BCI provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health & wellness plans, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://bci.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/BCI_Careers.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level