Buyer / Planner
Buyer / Planner
Quester Tangent Corporation
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established and growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help us create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Are you an enthusiastic, self-starting individual used to working in a manufacturing environment? The Buyer/Planner will support an effective and efficient flow of materials in support of on-time delivery of high quality products manufactured by the company. This position supports and complements the role of Strategic buyer towards strategic procurement and production planning functions.
How you will spend your time:
- Work with Strategic buyer in awarding purchase orders for the acquisition of materials, supplies & services at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source & schedule requirements
- Align purchases to follow a Just-In-Time model
- Solicit quotes from appropriate suppliers & evaluates quotes for completeness, compliance to specifications, reasonableness of price, conformance to standards & schedule requirements
- Use and maintain MRP / ERP system
- Maintain all databases and reports related to purchasing and inventory
- Review open order reports to ensure timely deliveries from suppliers
- Perform shortage reviews and assessments to maintain optimum inventory levels in alignment with our Just-In-Time inventory model
- Create and track the purchase order process beginning with submitting the PO to the vendor and ending with the delivery of the goods to the customer
- Monitor timely arrival of raw materials as driven by customer and project delivery schedules
- Support cycle counting activities for inventory accuracy
- Support material kitting process and follow up on material shortages towards timely delivery of parts on the Production floor
- Plan production orders based off of the master schedule
- Other duties as appropriate related to sourcing, purchasing, planning and supply chain activities in a production environment.
What you will need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent, with relevant experience/training
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) skills, acquired through logistics or related field
- Experience in the use of MRP/ERP systems
- Proficient in use of computers and commonly used software such as MS OFFICE
- A high level of skill associated with Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a high-energy environment with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Hands-on attitude with high-energy and enthusiastic personality
- Helpful and committed to maintaining high standards of performance and morale
- A follow through mind-set – “own the project”
- The drive to succeed and improve
- Pro-active and results-oriented.
Experiences that will help you thrive:
- Basic knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and their use
- 1-3 years working in fast paced environment in a similar role
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Good understanding of manufacturing / supply chain procedures
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews.
Saanichton, (Victoria) BC
How to apply:
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level