C# Software Developer
C# Software Developer
Reliable Controls Corporation
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
Are you an experienced C# web application developer used to crafting world class software solutions using modern design techniques and technologies in an agile environment? We are looking for enthusiastic, innovative individuals to help us develop green energy management building software solutions. We provide a collaborative, supportive and respectful environment where you can grow personally and professionally. Join Reliable Controls and develop high quality software with great people while reducing the global energy footprint.
Perks & benefits we offer to our team:
• A highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
• A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
• An annual performance bonus
• Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
• Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
• Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
• Substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
• Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
• Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
• …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
• Design, estimate, review, test, debug, and document code.
• Support and guide our Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
• Collaborate in Scrum meetings and help drive team activities
• Support and mentor others in their work efforts and outcomes
• Address software architectural considerations
• Monitor, assess, and address technical debt
• Address customer support and technical support issues, when needed
• Guide good coding practices and rules and identify items for improvement
• Engage in the desired feature goals and outcome
• 3+ years developing C# applications
• Proficient in C#
• Knowledge of Vue, SOLID, and/or defensive programming a plus
• Familiar with Git, TFS, Visual Studio
• Enterprise class web applications
• Automated unit/functional testing
• Agile software development
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online by filling out the application page, and uploading your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level