Cisco Network Analyst – ASA, Firepower, BGP
Cisco Network Analyst – ASA, Firepower, BGP
Position Title: Cisco Network Analyst – ASA, Firepower, BGP
Reports to: Direct of Infrastructure & Business Operations
Worker Category: Regular, Full Time
Location: 716 Yates Street, Victoria, BC
MAXIMUS Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
Reporting to the Data & Voice Team Manager, the Network Team lead will be responsible for day to day operations of all corporate networks. This includes monitoring and administering of wired, wireless and security infrastructure. The candidate will be required to plan, design, build, manage and support all aspects of enterprise network and security infrastructure.
• Translate high level business objectives into solid technical solutions
• Create technical statements of work and architecting Cisco Networking Solutions based on business requirements
• Proactively monitor the network connectivity, load, vulnerabilities, hardware and software related issues.
• Provide extended/on-call support to maintain the business Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
• Assure all network solution designs and documentation is accurate and up to date
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Technical Diploma from an accredited technical college or University
• CCNP or equivalent experience
• 7+ years in the Cisco Networking
• ITIL training
• 7+ Years Cisco ASA: 55XX, Contexts
• 7+ Years Cisco Switching: Nexus 5K, 29XX, 37XX
• 3+ Years Cisco Firepower IPS, FMC 1000
• 5+ Years Cisco Wireless Controller
• 2+ Years Meraki Wireless and switching
• 5+ Years Visio - Network Architectural diagrams
• 7+ Years Cisco Routing: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
• 7+ Years QoS
• 7+ Years Network monitoring/management tools
• 7+ Years IPsec VPN
• Network architect
• Unix Administration
• Dell networking
• SolarWinds NPM, NCM, IPAM, NFA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Extremely organized, capable of overseeing multiple projects and tasks with competing priorities
• Must be comfortable thinking both strategically and tactically working with teams, interpret data and results through critical thinking
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate/collaborate at all levels; including team members, senior management
• Ability to troubleshoot complex network, security, and bandwidth problems
• Must have a friendly attitude and play well with other team members
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must have high integrity and maintain confidentiality of data
• High level of self-motivation and initiative
• Ability to work well under pressure
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
• Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
• Maintains confidentiality
Position will be posted until filled.
An eligibility list may be established for this, or similar vacancies within the company.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in confidence Quoting: Senior Network Analyst (Cisco Network Analyst) by applying online to:
Cliff Tang, Recruiter
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level