Client Support Analyst
Client Support Analyst
BC Emergency Health Services
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the Client Support Analyst functions in a diverse IT environment and provides unscripted first and second level troubleshooting. This role supports and responds to inquiries/requests for IMIT related equipment, maintenance, repairs and services which are managed and maintained through IT and Telecommunications. The Client Support Analyst also provides technical and administrative support for IT moves and installations as well as administrative and financial support for the department and BCEHS. The Client Support Analyst supports a diverse clientele that also present geographical challenges or limitations and often include issues that are in urgent need for resolution.
What you’ll do:
- Provide first and second-level problem resolution for BCEHS IT and Telecommunication users across the Province of British Columbia by monitoring incident tracking system and resolving tickets at the tier 1 and 2 level; identifying and categorizing alerts into bugs or enhancements; working with users to identify specific internal or external processes and options for resolution; analyzing and documenting problems details; compiling incident assessments on functional problems or recurring issues for maintenance scheduling.
- Assist users in resolving telephone issues and problems, including wireline, wireless landline and various landline systems and services by methods such as analyzing/diagnosing presented issues, identifying, formulating and implementing potential solutions and evaluating outcomes.
- Deliver remote technical support and problem solving. Investigate and resolve hardware and software issues and problems related to existing systems and applications according to established procedures.
- Provide support for all Information Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy. This role may also assist with troubleshooting printer issues and resolving difficulties with Smart Classroom Technology.
- Provide full technical support for non-standard products (e.g. scheduling systems, all LOB applications); install required HW and SW; investigate, document, analyse diagnoses and resolve issues.
- Handle break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software installations, hardware repair (including in-house repair or coordinating depot services).
- Design, develop and document technical support materials, such as end user instructional material on use of new technology.
- Conduct testing of application deployments when required to ensure quality assurance of end product, including unit testing and systems integration.
- Proactively research and evaluate various IT and Telecommunication solutions; recommend new/ revised service delivery options, technologies, products and services to ensure BCEHS’ initiatives are aligned with current best practices, technological trends and upgradeable for future needs.
- Provide clients and departments with different options for equipment, service delivery and cost efficiencies according to user needs and requirements.
- Liaise/follow up with vendors to ensure issues are resolved.
- Participate in Projects, helping to gather requirements, creating and documenting processes, testing and implementing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Grade 12, graduation from a recognized two year computer systems technology diploma program plus two years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to type.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including a municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Regular Full-Time
Union affiliation: Facilities Subsector
Rate of pay: $33.91/hr
Closing date: Open until position is filled
Reference number: 108300E
Note: The successful candidate can work out of either the Saanichton or Kamloops worksite.
Saanichton: Block C 2261 Keating Cross Rd, Saanichton
Kamloops: 1257 Dalhousie Dr, Kamloops
Apply at the following link: https://jobs.phsa.ca/job/saanichton/client-support-analyst/909/7815666432
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : ""