Client Support Clerk
Client Support Clerk
Working in technology today takes skill, expertise, a strategic mind and creativity. At ISM, we believe in life-long learning and we are a dynamic business in a state of constant evolution: we embrace innovation, we are authentic, we create an excellent customer experience every time, we are accountable for all that we do, and we are ONE Team. Technology is changing the world….start your career with ISM and get a front row seat!
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: ISM Canada and our Customers have COVID Vaccination Policies in effect. If selected for employment, you will be required to adhere to ISM Canada’s COVID Vaccination Policy (and Customer Policies, if applicable) to either provide proof of vaccination or regular, valid negative COVID-19 tests. The cost of any required COVID-19 testing is the responsibility of the employee.
The Client Support clerk monitors the IMAC perform queue throughout the Province in the established ticketing tool for tickets assigned directly to this position. Tickets received to be actioned will consist of requests to install basic software and to move various types of hardware. Client Support Clerks will also respond to requests for client password resets.
If you have a hands-on approach, are committed to providing service excellence, and are looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity where you can be part of an exciting operation, we would like to hear from you!
Closing Date: January 23, 2022
Pay Range: 07
Annual Salary: $ 46705.75 to $ 53005.70
Bi-weekly Work Schedule: 75 hours
Location: Victoria, BC
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Service Delivery Unit: Deskside Services
What we offer:
- Competitive wage plus yearly salary step increments for the first 5 years in the Pay Range 7 classification
- Competitive starting vacation with increases to vacation entitlements after the second year and beyond
- Alternative Work Arrangement options (which could include work from home, earned days off, temporarily or permanently reduced hours)
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program (BC Public Service Pension Plan)
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- A friendly work environment where your team is always willing to help
- A leadership team that actually cares about you and wants you to love your job
- Install Standard Products or subcomponents of Standard Products
- Must regularly lift machinery, tools, supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 kg.
- Unpack and set up hardware components and connect to the power receptacle and to the LAN jack within the Client User’s office or workspace and test the device
- Move and prepare for disposal, according to Client direction all packing materials and other associated trash to the mutually agreed designated location within the Facility;
- Update the status of the IMAC Services through to completion within IBM’s service request system
- Perform password resets and update IBM’s service request system accordingly
- Monitor the Capacity Management mailbox
- Update Fast Schedule Planner with unplanned absences, OT shifts and other data entry within the system
- No financial responsibility
- No direct supervision
- No team leader/training responsibilities
A High school diploma and one-year customer service support experience, education and/or training
Experience in the following:
- Providing information or services to customers in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Operating standard office equipment including computers, photocopiers, facsimile machines, printers and multifunction devices.
- Dealing with a variety of tasks and situations simultaneously while remaining calm, effective and professional
Skills and Abilities we are looking for:
- An individual with a basic understanding of computer equipment, hardware and software including information management.
- A person able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, by providing and obtaining information clearly, correctly, concisely, completely, logically, in a timely manner to the appropriate designated departments.
- An individual capable to establish and maintain productive and co-operative working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups to provide a service, meet company objectives and contribute to a variety of plans and initiatives
- A person prepared to deal with demanding and frustrated individuals or groups at various levels within and outside the organization effectively, remaining focused on outcomes and responding appropriately to obtain and provide information to clarify issues and hand off to the appropriate department.
- A team player willing to contribute to group objectives and enhance output in a team environment through co-operation and interaction, active and full contribution, acknowledging diverse opinions, and working towards consensual solutions
- An individual prepared to adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- A well-organized person capable of managing one’s own fluctuating workload effectively, efficiently, and independently, achieving results within determined timeframes and taking into consideration changing priorities while sharing significant issues with colleagues and supervisor.
- An individual qualified to assess problems and situations, refer to applicable policies and guidelines, identify practical and creative options and develop and/or recommend appropriate courses of action in a timely manner.
- A proactive individual willing to process, store, and track records and information accurately and effectively, in a timely manner, and in accordance with stated objectives of the task at hand.
- An individual qualified to use computer technology to ensure high level of efficiency in accomplishing stated objectives; operate computer software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; and utilize a variety of standard office equipment such as computers, and multi-functional devices.
Additional information for applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, please visit https://www.ismcanada.com/careers to complete a mandatory pre-screening questionnaire. Please make sure you provide detailed information as ISM cannot make assumptions about your qualifications.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above.
An eligibility list might be created.
This competition and/or eligibility list may be used for other departments of the BC Operation of ISM to backfill Client Support Clerk vacancies.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level