Client Technical Support
Client Technical Support
D.R. Systems Inc.
DR Systems is a consulting and software development company that specializes in the natural resources and forest industry. We build off the shelf and custom software for use by the forest industry, First Nations, and land managers. We are poised for growth and are looking for people with a desire to contribute to a growing company and have a direct impact on the company’s results.
We are looking for a Client Technical Support to become the expert on mapping and government submissions for our software application, Phoenix Connect. This product is used by clients a variety of land managers (e.g. government, consultants, forest companies, etc.) to manage all of planning and activities for both forest lands and roads. We are looking for someone with experience with GIS, forestry government reporting and is a strong proponent of providing excellent support experience to users, understanding that support is critical to the success of the software. This role is a mix of technical expertise that will drive the future development of the application and working with clients from implementation to full operational use.
This job is for you if you are interested in:
- Technical knowledge - Experience working with Forest Data Management Software and knowledge of other related applications used in the industry.
- Experience with Geographic Information systems (GIS) and BC Ministry of Forests Electronic Submission Framework (ESF) submissions (FTA and RESULTS).
- Developing a thorough understanding of the company's software product and services and the markets we serve.
- Working with clients to ensure they have best experience possible with technology/software by helping using the software efficiently/effectively.
- Sharing your expertise on workflows, best practices with clients with a focus on government reporting.
- Interested in Client relationship development – helping us build a bigger profile in the industry
- Product improvement – preparing test cases and testing the application to ensure it meets all requirements before being released to clients.
- Customer Support - provide support to answer client questions and get them using Phoenix Connect efficiently.
Desired Attributes & Experience:
- 5+ years of operational experience in the software industry in client support and QA
- Experience with the forest industry would be nice to have
- Bachelor degree or Tech diploma in Forestry, GIS or Software Development
- Successful experience in a teamwork environment but ability to work with limited direction – you have lots of initiative.
- Experience using technology in the forest industry and are keen to learn
- Willingness to learn about software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
This position will suit someone who is a highly motivated self-starter and is passionate about providing a positive customer experience with our software and our team. This is an expanding position with room to grow and make it your own.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Heidi Walsh, Director of Operations at email@example.com.
Visit our website: www.drsystemsinc.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC, Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level