Cloud Systems Administrator, Azure or AWS
Cloud Systems Administrator, Azure or AWS
Title: Cloud Systems Administrator, Azure or AWS
Reports To: Senior Director, Technology Services
Worker Category: Regular, Full Time
Location: 716 Yates Street, Victoria, BC
MAXIMUS Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
The Technical Analyst - Cloud Systems Administrator will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and monitoring our Microsoft 365, Azure, and AWS Cloud solutions, and guiding the business and IT team to the future by architecting and recommending IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions to meet the business needs. The role will be critical in aligning business strategies and IT strategies, ensuring our cloud systems are scalable, reliable, and secure.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a background in on-premise infrastructure administration in a Windows or UNIX environment. Previous experience would include upgrades and change planning, coordination of changes, process improvement, technical documentation, and Tier 2 operational support.
• Support MAXIMUS cloud solutions, including security configurations, patches, and troubleshooting
• Configure and develop the MAXIMUS cloud computing solution.
• Office 365 platform management; Azure AD, synchronization with Active Directory, administration of user services on Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Office 365 groups.
• Assist in the system administration of the on-premise Microsoft servers and applications; SharePoint 2013/2019, Exchange 2013/2019, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019.
• The successful incumbent will help identify areas for improvement for the Microsoft Suite of products and help plan/architect major system changes in addition to being hands on with respect to capacity and problem management.
• The Technical Analyst - Cloud Systems Administrator will provide 2nd level support for Windows systems and applications and will also provide support for Tier 1 and other Tier 2 analysts.
• The Technical Analyst - Cloud Systems Administrator works closely with a support team including network specialists, system administrators, database administrators, and desktop administrators, and will be providing Tier 2 level of support at the Windows System Administration level: on-premise and Cloud.
• The successful candidate will be a problem solver who can also plan, analyze, and resolve business challenges within budget, and is comfortable with peer and supervisory feedback. You must possess a desire to learn and adopt new processes for continual improvement and to keep abreast of new technologies. You must also be able to lead by example and build upon existing teamwork within the support group.
Education and Experience
• Preference for a Technical Diploma or Technical Certification from an accredited technical college or university.
• Significant experience in cloud computing infrastructure on the Microsoft Azure or AWS platform.
• 2 to 5 years of relevant experience designing and managing cloud systems.
• 2 to 5 years of relevant experience designing and managing on-premise Microsoft systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Leadership and team skills
• Documentation Skills
• Change Management Process/Experience
• Excellent oral and written English language skills
Knowledge in the following:
• Microsoft 365 (SharePoint Online; Exchange Online; Teams; Power Platform)
• Microsoft Azure (IaaS; PaaS; SaaS)
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows 10; Server 2016; Server 2019)
• Microsoft Back Office (SharePoint; Exchange)
• Microsoft AD, Print Services, Deployment tools, other Microsoft utilities
• Security Monitoring and Operations
• Endpoint Security, antivirus, spam filtering, and other security applications
• System design, planning, implementation, and documentation skills
Nice to Have Skills:
• Cloud certifications (Azure; AWS; Google; IBM; Oracle)
• ITIL processes and tools
• IBM or Oracle Cloud
• Desktop Virtualization skills (VMWare)
• VMWare Server and Desktop Virtualization
• Storage Management (NetApp)
• Data Centre Planning and Operations
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
• Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
• Maintains confidentiality
Please note: that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please call or send your resume in confidence Quoting: by applying online to: Cloud Systems Administrator, Azure or AWS (Technical Analyst - Cloud Systems Administrator):
Cliff Tang, Recruiter
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : ""