Redbrick and Shift are headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Shift:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any
- micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located office in Victoria BC
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability — all thanks to the people we hire.
- 5 portfolio companies and growing
- 1 amazing shared service team
- 200+ employees
One of our 5 portfolio companies, Shift, is a general-purpose browser built to help customers enhance their browsing experience with greater focus and better results. By customizing Chromium’s open-source browser to offer beautifully designed features and integrated apps, we’re redefining the way you use your browser and truly helping you get what you really need on the web. Our Shift team is 45 people strong and works closely with Redbrick’s shared People Operations, Finance, and Creative/Marketing teams.
We are changing the way browsing happens, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks,and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
As a Customer Support Manager at Shift, you’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring our customers receive outstanding technical assistance and customer service. You’ll be responsible for leading a team of support specialists, developing efficient processes, and continuously improving the quality of our support services. You are passionate about coaching, mentoring and motivating a small team of people. You lead by example, jumping into any support task to help when things get busy and to keep on top of trends and identify areas of improvement. You are eager to provide constant feedback to team members on tagging quality, technical accuracy, and overall tone. You are detail-oriented and take pride in providing an excellent customer service experience in every interaction and coaching your team to do the same. You oversee every aspect of the support experience, including administering the helpdesk, the ticket queue, Knowledge Base content and media, automated email communications, and more. You proactively identify opportunities for Product Improvement and share feedback with Product, Marketing, and Development teams as needed.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of support specialists to deliver exceptional customer service and technical support.
- Customer Satisfaction: Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by maintaining a deep understanding of all products. No issue is too complex for you!
- Technical Support: You consider yourself part of the support team. You regularly answer tickets, update Knowledge Base articles, etc.
- Process Optimization: Develop and refine support processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness. Ticket deflection is always top of mind. Implement best practices for support ticket management and resolution.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for the support team, track progress, and regularly report on team performance to senior management.
- Customer Feedback: Gather and analyze customer feedback to identify areas for improvement and take proactive steps to address issues and enhance the customer experience.
- Training and Development: Provide ongoing training and development for support team members to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver exceptional service. You also own new team member onboarding experience.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other departments, including Product and Marketing to ensure alignment in support strategies and customer communication.
- Documentation: Oversee the creation and maintenance of support documentation, including knowledge base articles, videos, and the chatbot tools, maximizing the quality and utility of self-serve resources.
- Administration: Manage the administration of all support tools, such as the helpdesk and chatbot, making necessary changes to improve the support experience for customers and the team.
After 1 week you will have:
- Completed your onboarding with the team
- Met the Shift team members and got to know them
- Began learning about the Shift browser business and the product itself
- Been set up with access to all the needed tools for the job
After 1 month you will have:
- Taken over support and started leading the support team
- Become familiar with key performance metrics and trends in support
- Understand how to respond to most issues in support
After 6 months you will have:
- Completely own the Shift Support division
- Identify gaps to improve support operations and our products
- Contribute as need to various Shift team initiatives (Tech, Marketing, Product)
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker and Shifter has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-
humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Customer Support Manager at Shift, there are extra specialties we’re on the lookout for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, computer science, or related field
- Proven prior experience in a SaaS support role, with an additional 1-2 years experience in a leadership or management role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team to achieve goals and consistently exceed expectations
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- You’re inherently customer-focused, going the extra mile to ensure almost all customer interactions are positive ones and coaching your team to do the same
- Detail-oriented and tech-savvy
- Accountable and dependable with a team-oriented mindset
- Experience with Google products, Slack, Jira, Asana, and helpdesk software such as Zendesk is a bonus
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume. Please apply through this link: https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/careers/225
- Take this opportunity on your cover letter to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening and Redbrick and Shift!
Here’s what you can expect out of the interview process:
- The first interview is with our people team, to better understand your career goals.
- A short writing skills assessment (3 questions, should take no longer than a half hour for you to complete)!
- A second interview with the hiring manager and team. This is where we’ll get to know even more about you, and you’ll get an opportunity to learn about your future manager and team.
- A third and final interview with HR and senior management. We really want to get to know each other better. It’s an opportunity for you to further assess if this opportunity is right for you!
Redbrick and Shift are committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level