Kinsol Research Inc
Kinsol is looking for a developer with exposure to machine learning and large data problems to join our development team. Successful applicants will be assigned to one or more of a diverse array of software research projects based on their skills and interests. The ideal candidate will be a driven team player who takes ownership of their work, collaborates eﬀectively, and champions ideas from whiteboard to production.
- Must be able to operate on an extremely large dataset
- Must be able to plan large computational tasks; evaluate and optimize the problem’s complexity.
- Must be able to produce high-quality code and ensure robustness through tests
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Must be self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Must be responsive to client needs
- Able to deploy machine learning models
- MSc/BSc in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional software development experience, with thorough experience in one or more relevant languages (Python, Java, C/C++, Scala)
- Experienced in dealing with complex operations over large datasets
- Exposure to cloud web services, ability to design decoupled, fault-tolerant, highly scalable, highly available system architectures
- Familiar with modular development, object-oriented concepts, version control and documentation
- Ability to conﬁgure and operate Linux servers and write server-side APIs
- Exposure to machine learning concepts, and ability to deploy models
- Ability to design large-scale data systems targeted towards high volume data processing and storage
- Experience with agile development and collaborative software practices
- Experience with Docker containers and continuous integration
- Experience with the theory and application of a few of the following areas: digital signal processing, probabilistic reasoning, machine learning, audio, text classiﬁcation, ﬁrmware and embedded systems
- Practical experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL), server-side frameworks (Flask, Django), Familiar with one or more of the following technologies:
- Elastic Search, NoSQL, Neo4J, Apache Spark, Apache Airﬂow, AWS EMR, AWS, Nominatim / Open Street Map
Kinsol provides scientiﬁc software research and development services to startups and mature technology companies. We operate at the forefront of emerging technology, with expertise in computer vision, machine learning, and IoT systems.
We oﬀer a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to work on challenging and interesting problems, centrally located oﬃces with harbour views in Vic West - minutes from downtown - foosball matches, great coﬀee, and comprehensive health and dental plan.
All qualiﬁed candidates are encouraged to apply, although only those eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Please send a resume and cover letter in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org with ATTN: Data Engineer in the subject line.
Job Type : Full-Time, Contract
Location : Victoria, BC, Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level