As an engineering service provider, we serve clients who have specific needs in the areas of machine learning, data analysis and computer vision. As such, we are looking for a capable Data Scientist to join the inference team at Kinsol Research and offer his/her expertise in statistical modelling and machine learning.
● Build statistical models and inference systems using multiple data sources ● Create visualizations and documentation to explain complex concepts to software analysts and stakeholders
● Provide expertise on quantitative modelling for the broader analytics group ● Communicate results and findings derived from data throughout the organization in a clear, concise way
● Collaborate with other areas of the company on long-term projects
● Learn, implement and share new methodologies and keep up to date with current trends in the area
● Ph.D./M.Sc. degree in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, physics or statistics
● 2+ years of hands-on experience in Python (numpy, scipy, pandas, jupyter, pytorch) ● Practical experience in applying machine learning, especially developing models and inference systems
● Experience in scaling up smaller projects and sharing work collaboratively across a wider team (git, dvc)
● Sufficient data warehouse and non-relational data techniques knowledge to work effectively with engineering partners
● Comfortable using a command line interface in a Unix-like environment
● Exposure to Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform, ability to design decoupled, fault-tolerant, highly scalable, highly available system architectures
● Experience with agile development and collaborative software practices
● Experience with Docker containers, and continuous integration practices
Kinsol Research provides scientific software research and development services to startups and mature technology companies. We operate at the forefront of emerging technology, with expertise in computer vision, machine learning, and IoT systems.
We offer a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to work on challenging and interesting problems, centrally located offices with harbour views in Vic West - minutes from downtown - foosball matches, great coffee, and comprehensive health and dental plan.
Please send a resume and cover letter in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org with ATTN: Data Scientist in the subject line.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level