Designer - Assembly
Designer - Assembly
The Assembly team is looking for a skilled Web Designer to support our portfolio of sites!
SJC is Canada’s largest privately owned communications company. We partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire, and empower audiences across every platform. As the owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands—Maclean’s, Chatelaine, and Toronto Life to name a few—we provide incredible reach to an influential audience.
Assembly has been disrupting the digital publishing industry with innovative and award-winning technology that has turned traditional and digital media on its head. Since its inception, Assembly has experienced meteoric growth and now, as part of SJC, is positioned for the next phase of that growth. SJC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the last 18 years.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative, and collaborative team? Then come join us at Assembly in this Designer role.
About The Role
The Assembly team is looking for a skilled Web Designer to support our portfolio of sites. You will be responsible for a variety of brand and performance marketing initiatives including website redesigns, landing pages, newsletters/emails, analytics tool design, and more.
What we'd like to see
- You are an experienced (3 years minimum) web designer (both UX and UI) who understands the nuances that create valuable interactive experiences.
- You are a self-starter, optimistic, creative, and flexible
- You work well on your own and as a part of our multi-disciplinary team
- You facilitate productive conversations between design and development
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are interested in understanding how the business works to help you translate business and marketing goals into clear, executable recommendations
- You take feedback well
- You have a thoughtfully presented portfolio, showing the ability to think conceptually and strategically
- You have experience working on brand and marketing teams
- You have a mastery of basic design principles such as typography, composition, and scale
- You have experience creating responsive designs
- You are able to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- You can grasp multiple design requirements with careful attention to detail
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
What you'll do in this role
- Create, contribute to, and maintain design systems, preferably using Figma
- Concept, wireframe, sketch, and design layouts for small and large marketing initiatives (webpages, landing pages, emails/newsletters, analytics tools, and more)
- Partner directly with creative leads to brainstorm and concept ideas swiftly and thoughtfully
- Work closely with marketing leads to ensure on-brand execution and on-time deliverables
- Collaborate with developers to oversee the implementation of designs
- Use Asana as the primary tool for internal communication, status updates, delivery of files, and project management
- Present your work to stakeholders and partners
- Continued research into UX/UI trends and current design strategies and technology
- Utilize collaborative communication tools like Slack, Confluence, Figma, Notion, and others to work closely with team members across projects and time zones
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference - for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal - both inside our walls and within the larger community.
To apply, please visit: https://www.stjoseph.com/careers/ and apply to this role
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Entry Level, Junior Level