JEA Pension System Solutions
James Evans and Associates (JEA), Ltd. is a Victoria-based company that has been doing business in Canada and the United States for over 40 years. We have an excellent, well-established reputation in the Canadian and US pension industry. JEA offers SaaS and on-premises pension system administration solutions, along with pension system consulting services to a variety of clients with a diversity of needs. With over 40 years of history, JEA has proven that we are both adaptable and reliable and that, above all, we strive to form true partnerships with our clients, ensuring that we develop, implement, and support the "best in class" pension solutions for their organizations and members.
JEA is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer to enable and deliver our existing developer tools and infrastructure, drive our ramp into cloud services, collaborate with our development teams on best practices and improving productivity through tools and automation, and proactively lead on continuous improvements to our development practices. This position reports to the VP Engineering and is open for an immediate start.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, development, and deployment of CI/CD pipelines
- Operational support, and continuous evolution of existing pipelines
- Integration of code quality, security scanning, linting and QA tools with pipelines
- Working with application teams to ensure smooth deployments of tools, patches and upgrades into on-premises and cloud environments
- Administration of our development tools including JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 years of direct experience with DevOps tools and approaches
- Degree or diploma in computer science, engineering, or related field, preferred.
- Strong hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience at least one automation tool (e.g., Jenkins, Github, Azure DevOps, GitLab, Bamboo)
- Infrastructure automation knowledge and experience with tooling including Ansible
- Extensive Linux experience with strong shell scripting and system programming capability (POSIX Shell, Bash)
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Cloud experience with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with systems monitoring, log aggregation, and dashboard solutions (e.g., ELK, Splunk, Prometheus)
- Experience with promoting a DevOps culture and introducing it to new teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, technical writing skills, and attention to detail when communicating
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities and consistently produce results within timelines
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal/external contacts
- Experience developing or delivering pension administration or financial system software, preferred but not necessary
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance as a condition of employment; this includes having lived in Canada for at least the past five years
- Must be willing to work outside normal work schedule to achieve deadlines
JEA has offices in Victoria, BC, and Winnipeg, MB, as well as remote workers across Canada. We encourage applicants from all of Canada to apply.
Submit your application to: email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level