We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to help in the design, configuration and implementation of our CI/CD pipelines to automate our software delivery processes. Working alongside our Engineering team, and with our Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll develop and maintain container deployment, continuous integration, and monitoring systems, using Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS. If you’re excited to dive into infrastructure setup, software installations, scripting, networking, security engineering, maintenance & support, keep reading!
You understand DevOps isn’t one team’s responsibility but a mindset that can be nurtured and shared organization-wide. Through careful process and crafting easy-to-follow documentation you share openly with the technical team and beyond. As a DevOps Engineer at Dyspatch you’ll get to explore your curiosity and drive best practices forward.
We value building reliable software that scales and we’re looking for the type of person who loves discussing and learning about great technical architecture, and how it applies to real features in production. If your work reflects your care and interest in user-focused development and great practices, we want to talk.
Annual salary: CAD $80,000 - 105,000
We’re based in Canada and this role is open to candidates who currently have valid Canadian work authorization (a SIN) and currently reside in Canada. Our core meeting hours are 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Pacific Time, and we ask that you are available during that time frame - both for meetings and for connection.
Our team is remote first and also maintains an office in Victoria, BC for those who would like to work in the space full or part time. The successful candidate will be asked to start as a remote employee and will have the option to work out of our Victoria, BC headquarters when the pandemic has ended or to remain fully remote.
Our Engineering Culture
● We value elevating our engineers as technical owners of projects to give them the opportunity to learn, grow and see their vision executed technically
● We have biweekly sessions to discuss our technical architecture and how we might improve it
● We tie our work to Engineering Values that we work to maintain together as guidelines for a great and healthy engineering culture
● We develop our own in-house markup language to make writing email HTML easier
● We care about the community and want to give back by running events offering mentorship and networking opportunities
In The First 3 Months, You’ll…
● Ramp up on system architecture and Kubernetes clusters
● Complete your first project and deploy those changes to production systems
● Begin to accelerate developer experiences and monitor and troubleshoot platform
● Actively contribute to technical roadmap and planning discussions
● Get familiar with our CI/CD demands
● Identify process bottlenecks, propose solutions, and lead implementation
● Collaborate with the technical team to tackle complex technological infrastructure, security or development problems
● Collaborate with technical and non-technical Dyspatchios on projects
● Keep up-to-date with best practices and share them with the Engineering team
In The First 12 Months, You’ll…
● Become the subject matter expert on one of our primary infrastructure systems; deployment, CI, AWS management, etc.
● Automate and streamline day-to-day business tasks and processes. Explore, test and integrate new tools
● Provide training and tooling to support development in a distributed environment
● Monitor internal metrics and reporting tools to assess the health and availability of the Dyspatch and Sendwithus platforms
● Support the creation and implementation of large technical projects from start to finish
● Participate in high level system architecture planning
● Ensure we meet our SLOs through accurate application and infrastructure monitoring
● Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
● AWS, Heroku
● Jenkins, CodeBuild, Github Actions
● Go, Python, gRPC, GraphQL, React, Typescript
● PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcache, CassandraDB
Dyspatch is an email production platform that allows teams to streamline their entire email creation process and empower their email team to easily build emails with a library of pre-tested, on brand email blocks without needing to code. Our portfolio also includes Sendwithus, a transactional email template management platform ideal for SMBs.
At Dyspatch we believe that work should be transparent, engaging, and take place at a sustainable pace. We constantly strive to be better, to be more inclusive, and to push ourselves outside our comfort zones, caring deeply about our customers, products, and our coworkers. We work to grow the communities around us, as we all grow stronger together.
We want our Dyspatchios to be supported at work, and well-cared for in their lives outside of it, offering:
- Generous time off, starting with three weeks of paid vacation, a winter holiday office closure, and personal time to take care of life
- Paid parental leave, topping up to 10 weeks
- An extended health program supporting the physical and mental health of you and those closest to you
- An annual pro-d budget, and the support to take advantage of it
- A wellness program designed for all activity levels and interests
- Flexible, remote-first schedules, allowing you to work when and where you feel your best.
If this position interests you, reach out with an updated resume, and a few lines on why you want to join the Dyspatch team.
We understand that experience can be gained in many ways and that skills are transferable. If you’ve had a non-traditional career path, or if there’s anything you want to clarify about your resume, let us know.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level