ACD Systems International Inc.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our web development team and help deliver and maintain our application infrastructure locally and in the cloud. You will contribute to every step in the development lifecycle, so this role requires a broad skillset, analytical thinking and problem-solving, and flexibility.
- Work closely with IT staff to ensure efficient operation of systems and continuous improvement and delivery of products and processes.
- Oversee cyber security and information security implementations, including intrusion prevention and platform vulnerabilities.
- Monitor system resource utilization trends and undertake capacity planning.
- Manage server infrastructure and software upgrades.
- Develop and maintain supporting backend systems, including APIs and microservices.
- Participate in code reviews.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or diploma and equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of Web Development experience.
- Experience with AWS services or other cloud service providers.
- Proficiency with Git and Subversion and related workflows.
- Working with relational databases (MySQL).
- Working knowledge of networking, including DNS and whitelists/firewalls.
- Comfortable in both Linux and Microsoft environments.
- Ability to tackle problems by using a logical and systematic approach.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience with non-relational databases.
- Experience with Apache or NginX.
- Experience with a variety of technology stacks (LAMP, MERN, MEVN, etc.).
- Experience with containerization, orchestration, and infrastructure-as-code.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject line.
Thank you to all who apply but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Location: ACD Systems Victoria office located at 1662 McKenzie Ave, Victoria, B.C
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level