NetMotion Software by Absolute
Originally a Seattle-headquartered network security company, NetMotion was recently acquired by Absolute Software based out of Vancouver, BC. Together, we are excited about providing our customers with Absolute’s endpoint management and security, combined with NetMotion’s network security platform. Bringing together the best of both product suites will offer customers the chance to secure their workforce from top to bottom—the network, the applications, and the devices—no matter where they choose to work.
Alongside NetMotion’s Seattle office and Absolute’s Vancouver office, NetMotion Victoria is a fast-growing part of the organization. With over 20 people working from the modern downtown office (albeit largely remotely for the time being), it is one of the core locations for a company with big ambitions.
What We’re Looking For:
NetMotion Software is moving its highly successful product line in a new direction, and we need you to help get us there. You will work with multiple cross functional scrum teams as a DevOps engineer, where you will leverage the latest technologies to help build, deploy, and monitor the globally distributed services of our upcoming cloud-based architecture. This position is suitable for either a seasoned generalist with a DevOps mindset or an engineer whose primary interest is DevOps. This is a hands-on position, where you will be building what you design and improving what we have built so far. As well, we are evolving this as we go and so you will be helping to pave the way for other projects and teams to follow in your footsteps as we progress through our DevOps transformation.
Reporting to the Product Group Director, you will be expected to do the following:
- Help define and own the processes that we will use to create and deploy our cloud product
- Be a leader, advocating the DevOps approach across multiple teams as we evolve to the cloud
- Collaborate with developers and test engineers, to support their efforts to build a supportable and testable product
- Work closely with our lab and cloud operations teams to define and implement what they’ll need to keep it all running
- Be a valued member of a self-managed, cross-functional team using Agile methods
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent work experience required
- 3 years of experience developing and/or deploying products across multiple releases
- Professional experience with cloud-based products
- Able to review, maintain, and help debug software in large code base that may span multiple languages
- Solid conceptual knowledge of containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Artifactory, and SonarQube
- Experienced in deploying solutions in Azure or AWS
- Very comfortable with the intricacies of Linux servers, scripting and package management
- Able to make a great team even better and take ownership as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest and experience developing or maintaining build systems for large software applications in both Linux and Windows environments
Additional consideration given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Familiarity with Perforce, Gradle, Ansible, Helm, Scaffold, Make
- Programming experience with Java, C++, Python, Bash
- Experience working with Splunk
- Experience working with architectures that scale
- Advocate of continuous integration, continuous delivery, test-driven development and test automation
- Conversant in networking concepts and protocols
- Experience on products employing machine learning
- Experience building products across different mobile platforms
- Personality traits relevant to NetMotion’s culture such as: a sense of humor, equanimity, and zeal
- A passion for technology beyond “just a job”
Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP / ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, Chicago, London, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- You’ll get to collaborate with smart, passionate people who also just happen to have a great sense of humor
- You’ll be challenged, solving difficult problems that will make a meaningful difference to our customers across a variety of industries, including public safety, transportation, energy, and healthcare
- You’ll be encouraged to experiment with new technology including dogfooding our own products on the latest operating systems and mobile devices
- You’ll be supported and encouraged in your professional development
- You’ll receive a competitive benefits program, fitness allowance, commuter allowance, a Group RRSP plan
- You’ll benefit from our flexible work from home policy as well as our considerate vacation/holiday/sick-day allowances
- You’ll be an important and valued contributor in a small company, joining a world class team in downtown Victoria
If you’re an experienced build or DevOps engineer in the Victoria area, then we’d love to hear from you.
Click here to apply!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level