DevOps Integration Engineer Lead - BC Pension Corporation
DevOps Integration Engineer Lead - BC Pension Corporation
Streamline the software development lifecycle and improve developer productivity, delivery speed, and code quality
Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca.
What we offer:
- Flexible work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of home/on-campus)
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs - lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces, sit/stand desks, and lots of natural light
- Ongoing training, professional development opportunities, and scholarship programs
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
Hybrid Work Model
This position is located in our Victoria, BC office. You will have the opportunity to work part of the time on-campus and part of the time off-campus. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and vary according to the unique needs of each business area.
We are seeking an DevOps Integration Engineer Lead to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada
The DevOps Integration Engineer is part of the Application Enablement Services team within the IT Engineering (ITE) Branch. This team determines approaches, process, and procedures for integrating new technology into the existing and new application infrastructure(s); implements and maintains core application infrastructure; and manages DevOps solutions that automate processes and enable product teams to deliver quality applications.
You will work to streamline the software development lifecycle and improve developer productivity, delivery speed, and code quality. This role works closely with development, operations, and security teams to identify and resolve pain points and inefficiencies in delivery workflows. Key responsibilities include automating delivery processes and maintaining the continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline.
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline and five years of related experience; OR Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline and six years of related experience; OR Certificate in Computer Science or related discipline, or program completion, and seven years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
- Related experience (aligned with education level) must include:
- Practical experience that includes:
- Linux/UNIX and Windows Server environments.
- Implement automation pipeline for software development.
- Experience with two or more of the following:
- Development and maintenance of deployment/release automation processes in on-premises and/or cloud environment.
- CI/CD workflows and tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible.
- Development platforms such as Azure, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Configuration management, test-driven development and release management.
- Agile development and strong understanding of DevOps principles.
- Incident management.
- Experience leading DevOps and/or Development teams
- Preference given to those with Middleware Administrator experience.
To learn more about the DevOps Integration Engineer Lead position, please click the link to the job description at the bottom of the page.
Cover letter: Please do not submit a cover letter; it will not be reviewed.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job requirements.
Questionnaire: As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please allow approximately 20 minutes to complete this questionnaire.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level