About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for a permanent, full-time Digital Media Specialist to join our marketing team in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Digital Media Specialist is responsible for using a variety of digital tools to create graphics, video and other multimedia content to boost and track meaningful engagement. Their primary focus is on leveraging audio and visual media produced in-house or by 3rd parties to accomplish marketing goals. The successful candidate will make data-informed decisions about what media should be used to achieve goals, be effective at oral and written communication, have advanced content creation skills, and collaborate with internal Agile/Scrum teams and external stakeholders to ensure content marketing success.
SSI is a global Software Company servicing the needs of the Off-shore and Marine industries all over the globe for over 30 years. We are proud to offer a fully inclusive culture and workplace welcoming ALL people with relevant skills and experience to our flat organizational structure, working with self-directed teams using Agile Principles as well as our own defined SSI Principles to guide us in our daily work.
What we look for:
- Three years of work experience as a content specialist, creative assistant, digital media specialist, digital marketing manager, or related field. Recent related portfolio will be required.
- Intermediate-to-advanced skills with tools such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and other media editing software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills based on an understanding of communication theory and best practices.
- Collaborative mindset - proven track record of working in teams resulting in high-quality content
- The ability to work effectively with people in a fast-paced, high performing environment and maintain a positive atmosphere
- The ability to work with people from various backgrounds and cultures
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and execute multiple tasks
- Intermediate-to-advanced skills with tools such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and other media editing software
- Experience working with others and/or alone to create high-quality audio and visual content such as mini-docs, podcasts, commercials, corporate videos, spots, etc.
- Academic accreditation in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, Digital Media, or in any other relevant field.
Candidates who also have any of the following will be given additional consideration:
- A basic understanding of print media and print requirements
- Experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing
- Experience in Agile / Lean software development environments
- Training in or an understanding of Scrum
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD systems
Please note: The successful candidate must be willing to work remotely within Canada with the eventual relocation to Victoria, BC, and either be a Canadian Citizen or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit.
About the Benefits
SSI offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full Benefits package, competitive wages and profit-sharing, as well as education benefits and self-paced learning opportunities and the opportunity to work from home on a partial basis. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SSI's vaccine policy: We give every individual the freedom to make their own personal choice around their vaccine status and we honour that individual choice.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level