Salary Range (2021): Base Salary $80,000 – $100,000+ Commissions
Work Location: Victoria, Vancouver or Ottawa
What’s the Job?
The Director of Business Development role is responsible for managing and overseeing the Contract sales initiatives for the organization. This involves the development of new business via prospecting, understanding, presenting appropriate products, and closing prospective Contract clients. Primary responsibilities are to identify and close Contract Sales opportunities and to oversee the sales cycle to ensure the attainment of company revenue and profit goals. The successful candidate will have previous experience with high-value (million +) sales that are custom and technical in nature and a history of success in closing new or expanding existing businesses.
Company $5M in Annual Revenues – Target is to grow the company Annual Revenues to $15M in 3 Years
What will you do?
Director of Business Development Responsibilities:
- Builds business by securing contracts with new prospects; maintaining and expanding on relationships with clients.
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending appropriate solutions for the specific needs of the client.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information for weekly, monthly annual Sales KPI’s
- Maintains quality service by establishing and reinforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing building/developing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Cultivate customer relationships, deliver effective proposals, and negotiate complex contracts to capture profitable new business.
- Ensure proposals, objectives, and deliverables maximize operating profit and revenue growth.
- Build real and lasting relationships with customers. Identify new areas of opportunity and negotiate sales for mutual benefit.
- Collaborate with the Product Management teams in guiding secured new business and projects to successful completion.
- Responsible for the establishment of realistic timelines and communication of said timelines to the Customer.
- Prioritize large deal targets. Determine the quality and the alignment within the segment strategy and strength.
- Create and execute successful plans to penetrate new markets.
- Guide internal teams in the execution of required commercial documents – NDA’s, MSA’s, Waivers, etc pursuant to new Contract business when appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Customer Services Manager in establishing and reporting KPI’s associated with the Customer needs.
Sales Qualifications / Skills:
- At least five (5) years of industry sales experience
- Proven ability to close government contracts in the Technology Industry (or equivalent) with a value of over $1M
- Five years of management experience
- Strategic leadership ability
- Proven general knowledge of RaceRocks products and industry
- Strong analytical capabilities; comfortable working with and presenting data.
- Self-starting self-motivator.
- Effective interpersonal skills – a relationship builder.
- Ability to identify and work with key decision-makers and influencers.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
Potential for travel up to 50% of time. Works in a virtual environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended evening hours when necessary.
Who are we?
We are redefining learning by doing. Our diverse team delivers immersive and decision-driven learning products that empower people to make critical decisions. As Learning Designers, Developers, and Artists, we build training systems using Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Simulation, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence for our partners in the Aerospace and Defence industries.
We are a locally owned, growing small business headquartered in Victoria, BC but the team works virtually. We are very proud of our diverse executive leadership, management, and workforce led by an Indigenous woman. RaceRocks has won “Technology Leader of the Year” (Anita Pawluk), “Tech Company of the Year”, “Team of the Year”, and Canadian Professional Accountants (CPA) “Face of Innovation” (Anita Pawluk).
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo a security assessment for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume to Yuki Izawa: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted