Director of Charter Managed Services - Charter Telecom Inc.
Director of Charter Managed Services - Charter Telecom Inc.
Position Title: Director – Charter Managed Services
Location: Victoria preferred (Potential for Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, GTA)
Compensation: Negotiable (depending on experience)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Charter is a highly respected and value driven technology integration company that delivers solutions across many technology verticals including routing and switching, unified communications, cloud, data center, wireless, and security. Partnering with several industry leading vendors, Charter solutions are diverse, flexible, and deliver real business outcomes.
We live by our core values:
- Customer Intimacy – Charter’s customers rely on Charter to be their trusted advisor and provider
- Life-Balanced – We respect family needs, strive to achieve the work / life balance, as well as the flexibility needed for support personal growth & well-being.
- Empowered – Empower our team to be able to do what it takes for the good of our customers, to not compromise on long term payoff for short-term gain, and to take strategic risks when required
- Flexible – Be creative in our approach to the market, work hard for our customers, and be flexible to their needs
- Innovative – Think BIG, invent, simplify, and look around the corners to see what is ahead. We are always aiming to free up our customers to dream, grow, and focus on their own outcomes
- Knowledgeable – Be curious, dive deep, develop good instinct & judgement, be highly technical, and for our employees lay out career paths for personal development
If you are driven by Simplifying the Business of IT for customers, we would love to talk with you.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of Charter’s Managed Services (CMS) strategic roadmap
- Customer and people centric leadership
- Apply customer, sales, technical and operational experience to lead the execution of strategic and tactical growth, delivery, and operational plans:
- Develop compelling Managed Services and Development strategies, roadmaps, and solutions in response to client needs.
- Identify trends and business opportunities by participating in/researching industry related events and publications, social networking, and other sources
- Drive the growth and adoption of Charter Managed Services. Work in partnership with our clients, Charter Sales & Pre-Sales Engineering, Operations and New Solution Development team members as well as Charter Manufacturer and Applications partners.
- Work with pre- and post-sales stakeholders to craft winning solutions that can be delivered profitably and successfully
- Lead and/or participate in client-facing sales meetings with Charter Sales and Pre-Sales team members and be accountable for opportunity progression.
- Partner with Sales and other leaders to drive CMS sales opportunities through their sales cycles and track them through forecasting processes.
- Plan and conduct complex contract negotiations between Charter and client which results in appropriate and often long-term agreements and commitments.
- Build contracts and statements of work to help close the signings of the opportunity
- Responsible for positive Client Experience across all points of the sales and delivery cycle.
- Provide subject-matter-expertise related to Charter’s Managed Services offerings
- Meet and/or exceed assigned revenue and customer acquisition expectations
- Participate in the development of, and execution of, Go-to-Market activities and resources
- Act as the point of escalation for customer, technical and operational issues related to sales opportunities, onboarding, and post-implementation incidents. This includes providing on-call support for afterhours (including weekends and holidays) escalations according to primary or secondary and as scheduled.
- Works with Service Delivery Management team to prioritize and ensure services meet Client requirements and expectations.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and career development planning.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations, and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organizational information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and performance-based leadership.
- Review performance data to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Other related duties as required and assigned to grow the Charter Managed Services business.
- Excellent leadership, client relationship, IT operations and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written to technical and business personnel
- Business acumen
- Experience in Application and Infrastructure support, Data Centre, and IT operations, ITIL
- Excellent understanding of Managed Services, Service Delivery Operations, and the Service Level Agreements
- Strong reporting skills with the ability to gather information, analyze and provide related reports and statistics.
- Good technical analytical and correlation skills – able to analyze and provide solution to incidents
- Solution building capabilities
- Direct experience in managed solution selling
- Professional negotiation and influencing skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships.
- At least five (5+) years’ experience building and selling IT managed services, cloud-based services, or outsourcing solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with delivery teams to develop and architect a solution to meet the requirements of client's business requirements.
- Proven experience and skills in creating quotes and financial analysis around IT services
- In-depth knowledge of the local market, key competitors, and potential partners’ offerings
- Full-time role + Competitive Remuneration
- Great culture
- Leadership and growth potential
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply! Our application link is https://charter.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=153
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Director