Director of People Operations
Director of People Operations
STN Video (formerly SendtoNews) is an award-winning (and North America’s largest) video distribution platform that supplies online publishers with premium content, advanced player technology and reliable revenue. Using the STN video platform, publishers can easily deliver official video to their readers. In addition to providing a brand-safe environment for advertisers, STN lets content providers connect with new audiences they wouldn’t be able to access otherwise.
With up to 5000 new videos every day, STN's video solution is used by over 1800 publishers and hundreds of premium content providers. STN’s partners include the NY Post, Chicago Tribune, MLB, Google, Variety, Bloomberg, AP, Rolling Stone, the NFL, NBA and many more.
What does a career at STN mean for you? A career at STN Video offers you growth and opportunity. You’ll be joining a collaborative, fun environment where we value curiosity, hard work, humility and honesty. We also recognize that employees are most productive when they feel safe and healthy. All STN employees have always been empowered to work from home, in the office or a comfortable combination of both at any time. As well, STN Video offers unlimited vacation time and an extensive benefits package that covers mental health, vision, dental and much more.
As the Director of People Operations, you will have the opportunity to optimize our organization’s most valuable asset – our people. You will not only lead and champion employee engagement but also be a key contributor in building a culture-first-focused HR function.
- Develop STN’s HR strategy in line with organizational direction and current people needs
- Lead our entire recruitment cycle and cultivate a dynamic, best in class candidate experience
- Keeping staff up to date through weekly updates, how-tos, and regular announcements
- Play a pivotal role in identifying talent opportunities and driving strategic solutions to support and grow the business.
- Be an employer branding and culture champion
- Lead the Health & Safety committee
- Total compensation review, benchmarking, and recommendations
- Own and manage the onboarding program with hiring managers to ensure a smooth transition for new hires into STN
- Lead the development and integration of company policies and procedures
- Drive employee engagement, satisfaction, retention, inclusion initiatives and programs
- Provide advice and recommendations to CEO for resolution of Human Resource issues and challenges
- Own and champion the performance management process throughout the organization, including evaluations, professional development, 360 feedback and ongoing training
- Work with the team to
- Ensure all employees have the necessary equipment to do their jobs most productively both in-office and virtually
- Create and maintain a clean, safe, and healthy working environment
- Facilitate and book engaging office activities and events including online virtual and social events
- Create and maintain accurate employee records through the use of the company Human Resources Information System (Collage), Google Drive, and physical records
- Manage total compensation programs that align with market competitiveness and company direction, including administration of:
- Employee Option Program
- All other duties as assigned by the CEO
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field
- 7+ years Human Resources experience
- Experience with Employment Standards legislation
- Experience in executing best in class employee experience initiatives that drive a high-performance culture and enable continued business growth
- Broad knowledge and experience in compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an energetic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources programs
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate as a team
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
- Excellent computer skills
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Does this role sound amazing to you but you don’t have all the skills or qualifications listed? Apply anyways, we’d love to hear from you!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Director