Director of Product - Redbrick
Director of Product - Redbrick
As the Director of Product at Rebase, you will have a desire to take our current products to the next level, as well as innovate extensively in new product development
Redbrick and Rebase are headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Rebase:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located office in Victoria BC
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; an opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
- Commute to work incentive
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability — all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
One of our 4 portfolio companies, Rebase, dreams, designs and builds apps for desktop and mobile, leveraging sophisticated analytics and performance marketing to reach hundreds of thousands of users monthly. We customize Chromium’s open-source browser to create bespoke desktop and mobile browsers that reimagine internet experiences. Our dedicated Rebase team is 17 people strong and works closely with Redbrick’s shared People Operations, Finance, and Creative/Marketing teams.
"Redbrick is the 4 Fs: fun, fulfilling, fast-paced and flexible!"
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
As the Director of Product at Rebase, you will have a desire to take our current products to the next level, as well as innovate extensively in new product development. You are keen to provide leadership and guidance on all product-related decisions across the Rebase company. You enjoy the challenge of thinking big & long-term, while also taking actionable steps for improvement each and every day. You are a team player and will love working closely with our people to move the product forward. You are excited to support and collaborate with our current Product Manager, and communicate effectively with Tech, Design, Marketing and Business. You care about consumers, and their app experiences, but also love the challenge that comes with healthy monetization strategies and improving LTV and other product & business KPIs. In other words, the challenge of marrying UX with monetization in our world of AdTech is right up your alley! This role will be reporting directly to the Rebase CEO.
The ideal candidate will be located in Victoria, BC, or will be willing to relocate, as this is where Rebase is headquartered and where the current Product team is located. With that said, we will consider all strong applications from across Canada.
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As the Director of Product, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the product road map (develop, define, oversee), product planning, prioritization and the overall product development process for both current and future Rebase software products
- Having a bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast-moving environment
- Work with our Product Management team to identify and follow a North Star metric for each and every Rebase product
- Develop improvements throughout the product experience from acquisition, activation and retention
- While collaborating closely with the Product Management team, revamp the grooming process and product development funnel
- Be the hub for communication between all teams within the Rebase company, namely Business, Technology, Marketing & Design
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop our current Product Management team to operate with a strong customer and monetization focus
- Lead our Customer Support team in servicing our software consumers to the best of our ability; this includes guidance on ZenDesk support, overseeing the development of our Knowledge Base, and all product-specific branding measures
- Lead the team in keeping a close eye on competitors in our space, and ensuring we are reviewing competitive products and their marketing funnels
- Monitor, track and forecast product-specific revenue
- Understand complex issues related to user acquisition, revenue generation, and LTV impacts to make sound business and consumer facing decisions
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly using A/B testing and other analytical tools; leading Rebase in its reliance on sound data via our robust MixPanel platform
- Enjoy the delicate balance and challenge in AdTech of keeping our users happy, but optimizing for revenue growth with our free software offerings
- Collaborate with fellow Rebase Leadership team members in the creation of quarterly OKRs; working closely with the Product Management team to ensure Product has its priorities seen and heard
- Collaborate with fellow Rebase Leadership team members in presenting Rebase performance quarterly to the Redbrick Executive team at QBRs, specifically from a Product perspective
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Other duties as assigned
After 1 week you will have:
- Completed your onboarding with the team
- Met the Rebase team members and got to know them
- Been brought up to speed by our Product Manager
- A full understanding of the current Rebase products as well as new plans on the horizon
- Attended your 1st grooming session to get a sense of where things are at
- Attended multiple Tech Stand Ups to get a sense for the Tech Team and their current workload
- Been set up with access to all the needed tools for the job
After 1 month you will have:
- Become confident in MixPanel, using it multiple times a day, while working out an efficient usage workflow with the Product Manager
- Reviewed all Rebase products and started taking action on improvements
- Taken ownership of new product planning & road mapping, in close and ongoing collaboration with the Product Manager
- Built an early-day, but strong relationship with our current Product Manager and Technical Support Specialist
After 6 months you will have:
- Made significant improvements to our Product process at Rebase overall
- Made countless improvements to our current Rebase products and offerings, for both users and the business
- Made great progress on our new Rebase software products and plans
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker and Rebaser has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun.
As the Director of Product with Rebase, here is what we’re on the lookout for:
- 7+ years of experience in Product Management with 3+ years in a senior leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience working for a company/product that is D2C
- An intrapreneur who loves a fast-paced environment that offers the opportunity for big and immediate impact
- An expert ability to get things done, quickly and efficiently, but not to the extent that things are rushed
- Someone who loves the freedom to blaze a path forward with conviction, while still keeping the team in the loop, respecting opinions and feedback
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products. We are big MixPanel users - experience there would be amazing
- Strong product management skills, including but not limited to - roadmap, business case, prioritization, negotiation and obtaining consensus
- Strong instincts for triage & resource planning - be able to quickly know what is important and what is less important
- Proven track record of driving product innovation and bringing new products to market
- Great presentation style, teamwork, and communication skills
- Experience building product groups, hiring and mentoring Product Managers to grow their careers in Product Management, and leading teams in a non-hierarchical, collaborative manner
- Agile development methodology experience
- Experience using Atlassian Products, JIRA, Asana and other product and project management tools
- You have the ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- Expert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire, a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts, and a proactive attitude towards knowledge sharing
- You don’t take yourself too seriously. Rebase prioritizes fun and team camaraderie!
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and a one-page resume.
- Take this opportunity on your cover letter to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to check us out at Redbrick and Rebase!
Redbrick and Rebase are committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC