Director, Product - Assembly
Director, Product - Assembly
In this role, you'll be responsible for managing the product development lifecycle
Assembly (formerly a Redbrick company) is now proud to be part of SJC. SJC creates, publishes, and prints best-in-class content. SJC and Assembly are recognized as being the best at what they do, with a combined audience of over 35 million unique visitors per month.
SJC is Canada’s largest privately owned communications company. We partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire, and empower audiences across every platform. As the owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands—Maclean’s, Chatelaine, and Toronto Life to name a few—we provide incredible reach to an influential audience.
Assembly has been disrupting the digital publishing industry with innovative and award-winning technology that has turned traditional and digital media on its head. Since its inception, Assembly has experienced meteoric growth and now, as part of SJC, is positioned for the next phase of that growth. SJC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the last 18 years.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, creative, and collaborative team? Then come join us at Assembly Digital Ltd./SJC Media in this Director, Product role.
About The Role
We're on a mission to create products that connect with readers in meaningful ways. As our Director of Product, you'll play a critical role in leading the development and growth of our product offerings to ensure we continue to provide top-shelf solutions to our customers.
In this role, you'll be responsible for managing the product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch, and beyond. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, and marketing, to ensure our products meet the needs of our customers and deliver value to our business.
- Lead the product development process, including defining product strategy, developing product roadmaps, and managing the product backlog
- Work closely with stakeholders to gather and prioritize product requirements, and ensure they align with business goals and user needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure products are delivered on time, within scope, and to the highest quality standards
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify new opportunities and trends, and develop strategies to stay ahead of the competition
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers to gather feedback and insights on product performance and identify areas for improvement
- Define and track key performance metrics to measure the success of our products and inform future development efforts
- Mentor and develop a team of product managers to drive the growth and success of our product portfolio
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in product management, with a proven track record of delivering successful products
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven approach to decision making
- Experience working in agile development environments
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or related field.
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work (from home). If you're passionate about product development and have the experience and skills we're looking for, please visit our career site to apply!
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference - for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal - both inside our walls and within the larger community.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Director