Vivitro Labs Inc.
ViVitro Labs, is seeking an Electronics Engineer in Victoria, BC, to conceive, architect, design, and test electrical, mechanical, firmware, and software systems for cardiovascular device testing. Your contribution will lead to the production of cardiovascular device test equipment that is sold to a global customer base!
Are you an Electronics Engineer with 3 years of diverse analogue and digital electronics technical design experience? Do you bring an educational background in electrical or biomedical engineering? Does your experience include schematic and PCB design experience and hands on experience soldering and reworking of SMT (Surface Mount Technology)? If you answered “yes” to these key requirements, and you have a thirst for knowledge and learning, a strong mechanical aptitude, and effective verbal and written communication skills, then we encourage you to apply. The successful Electronics Engineer at ViVitro Labs will work on challenging R&D projects to bring safer medical devices to market more quickly.
Key Responsibilities of the Electronics Engineer include:
- Conceive, architect, design, and test electrical, mechanical, firmware, and/or software systems for cardiovascular device testing.
- Analyze and select components to meet product needs.
- Schematic capture and PCB Layout for new product designs and updates to current designs.
- Develop firmware for new product designs and to support current designs.
- Develop application software.
- Simulate and verify designs, documenting design decisions and results.
- Follow a Quality Management System (QMS) in the design and verification processes.
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions or design defects.
- Maintain and continually expand your technical knowledge and skills.
Our ideal Electronics Engineer brings:
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Electrical or Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of recent, related diverse technical experience in design projects.
- Analogue and digital electronics design experience required.
- Schematic and PCB design experience required; Altium software experience preferred.
- Hands on experience soldering and reworking SMT (Surface Mount Technology) required.
- Firmware development experience for MCUs is required with STM32 MCU experience an asset.
- Programming experience in C is required, and C# considered an asset.
- Theory and practice of Design for Electromagnetic Compliance an asset.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Capability and willingness to learn new things is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills is required
ViVitro Labs provides testing services and equipment to support the continued innovation of cardiovascular devices with a focus on heart valve replacement and repair. An internationally recognized and trusted source for testing expertise, ISO 17025 certified, and with a reputable history of more than 25 years, ViVitro Labs is a small company relied upon by hundreds of organizations in over 40 countries for their consulting and custom engineering solutions to test the industry’s most advanced cardiovascular devices.
ViVitro Labs works closely with universities, medical device manufacturers and regulatory agencies to support their research, regulatory, and production requirements. As a leader in the heart valve testing industry, ViVitro is an active participant in several ISO working groups. ViVitro Labs is a small, tight-knit team looking at significant international growth in the next 5 years.
To find out more about ViVitro Labs visit: www.ViVitroLabs.com
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates for the Electronics Engineer role at ViVitro Labs are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
If you experience any difficulties with the StarFish Medical Job Portal please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “ViVitro Electronics Engineer Job Portal Issue”.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level