Seamor Marine Ltd.
SEAMOR Marine Ltd (Nanaimo, BC) is looking for an Electrical Technologist to join our Production team.
Are you looking for a position that utilizes your technical skills, with opportunity to be a part of an innovative company? We want to hear from you.
As an Electrical Technologist, you will:
- Build SEAMOR ROVs and components
- Contribute to our Production team
- Learn something new every day
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
the Production team, and is responsible for assembly and testing of SEAMOR products and components, with an emphasis on electrical/electronics.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
As a member of the Production team, you will be responsible for assembly and testing of SEAMOR products and components, with an emphasis on electrical/electronics. You will also be responsible for service work, as assigned. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assembly of SEAMOR products and components
- Surface mount and through-hole soldering
- Verifying sealing surfaces, O-rings, and water-tight assemblies
- Fiber optic termination
- Chemical potting
- Testing and troubleshooting
- Repair of customer systems and components
- Completion of an Electrical/Electronics Technologist (or similar) program; a Technician level program may be considered
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Mechanical and electronics aptitude and skills
- Skills and experience with fiber optic termination
- Good soldering skills
- Ability to follow engineering drawings, schematics, and diagrams
- Ability to understand, interpret, and follow instructions (written and verbal)
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use and maintain relevant tools and equipment
- Computer skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members, and ability to work independently.
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Nanaimo, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level