Electronic Hardware Engineer
Electronic Hardware Engineer
Polaris Motion is a leading manufacturer of advanced manufacturing technologies. We are growing rapidly and are seeking motivated individuals to join our talented design and development teams.
Market areas include ultra-fast, laser-based machining, 3D metal printing, ultra precision optics, automotive and aerospace hardware-in-the loop test systems.
Our design activities include digital and analog electronics, power electronics, embedded software, user interface software, real-time systems and networks, laser optics, machine vision, and mechanical design. We've developed unique industry leading motion control technologies and we continue to push performance envelopes.
Our company values include: commitment, integrity, truth, and respect (CITR). We promote a culture that is innovative, creative, and competitive; one that fosters a climate of high team spirit, fun and accomplishment; and one that promotes personal growth and development. We strive to empower our employees to achieve their full potential.
We are currently seek individuals with software programming experience. New team members will help expand and fulfill our product line. You will join an environment of high collaboration. Work will include embedded programming, algorithm development and testing.
If you are a motivated programmer, engineer, mathematician or scientist, we look forward to receiving your application. Please send your resume to email@example.com
We’re seeking individuals with electrical and electronics hardware design experience. The new team member will help expand and fulfill our electronics product line.
• Hardware designs, schematic capture and layout
• VHDL design, coding, simulation, synthesis and programming
• Collaborate with a cross‐functional technical team
• Create test procedures, and document technical work clearly
• Research new technologies and methods to improve the company’s products and processes
• Communicate your developed works with internal and external customers
• Participate in peer review of designs; provide and receive critique in an effective manner
• Work effectively to deliver quality products in a fast‐paced environment
• Manage multiple competing tasks
• Ability to accurately scope, estimate and schedule work on projects
• Make design decisions with minimal supervision
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or Equivalent
• Three years relevant experience or equivalent
Skills & Abilities Sought
• Schematic Capture and Layout
• Compact, multi-layer PCB design and layout
• Integrate FPGAs, high speed digital & analog interfaces, and power MOSFET devices
• VHDL design, coding, synthesis and programming using Xilinx ISE and Vivado
• VHDL test bench creation and simulation using ISIM and Vivado Simulator
• Trouble shooting of electronic circuits and FPGA designs
• Test and measurement equipment
• Repository and version control systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills with high attention to details, quality, and meeting deadlines
• Self-motivated and disciplined
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Hardware Engineer”
Polaris Motion is in Victoria, B.C. on beautiful Vancouver Island. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive extended health package. If you are self motivated and enjoy working in a professional environment with a bright and talented team of product developers, you’ve found the right place. We’d love to hear from you.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Junior Level, Senior Level