Electronics PCB Assembler
Electronics PCB Assembler
Quester Tangent Corporation
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established and growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help us create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
The Electronics PCB Assembler is responsible for the assembly, masking, conformal coating, and inspection of electronic printed circuit board assemblies.
Are you an enthusiastic, self-starting individual with a strong attention to detail? Can you consistently deliver high quality workmanship? If your answer is yes, we would like to talk to you about working with our team.
How you will spend your time:
• Adjust, set-up and operate the Conformal Coating (CC) application as per shop floor order.
• Ensure Printed Circuit boards have been prepped/masked prior to CC application.
• Verification and post-inspection of conformal coated PCBs.
• Keep equipment operating efficiently
• Perform regular cleaning & maintenance on Coating & Spraying equipment.
• Assemble kits of electronic components from general inventory using Bill of Material printouts.
• Assemble electronic circuit boards utilizing standard production documentation including assembly drawings, schematics, and component descriptions.
• Assemble mechanical sub-assemblies and complete system assemblies utilizing standard production documentation including assembly drawings, schematics, and component descriptions.
• Crimps, solders, or performs similar mechanical operations to join or secure parts in place per IPC 610, J-Standard-001C.
• Miscellaneous duties as required.
How you will make an impact:
All personnel have the freedom, responsibility and authority to:
• Identify and record any product quality problem
• Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
• Initiate action to prevent product nonconformity and to improve the product and processes
• Verify the implementation of corrective action
• Exercise care and prescribed precautions in the handling and storage of materials and products
• Prepare adequate records for quality
What you will need to succeed:
• Solid understanding of electronic circuit board assembly including component handling, soldering, masking and cleaning in a static controlled environment.
• Solid understanding of all aspects of electronic hardware assembly including cable assembly, mechanical support hardware and enclosure assembly.
• Basic knowledge of computer operations including file manipulation, program initiation and operation, and connection to serial and parallel ports.
• Previous related experience with conformal coating process desired; but not required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a high-energy environment with minimum supervision.
• Must possess the ability to lift a variety of weights.
• Must be able to stand for duration of 6-8 hours while working on the machine.
Experiences that will help you thrive:
• Two years working within an electronics manufacturing industry would be ideal.
• Enjoy working in a team environment
• Excellent manual dexterity
• Ability to remain focused
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level, Intermediate Level