Kano is looking for a talented leader with a proven technical and management background to lead and mentor a team of high-performing engineers to build, scale, monitor and optimize massive multiplayer online social and mobile gaming experiences.
Our goal is to build long-lasting customer-centric gaming experiences that have challenges and opportunities in both the business and technical realms.
You are a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume, high availability systems and possess strong technical ability, excellent communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
You get a great deal of personal satisfaction from growing and developing people.
We offer flexible hours and scheduling and remote applicants will be considered for this position. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building and growing highly effective engineering teams and leaders through hiring, managing, mentoring, and coaching team members
- Breaking down Kano’s strategic direction into tactical action
- Reporting the engineering team's progress and results to the Director of Technology
- Creating and maintaining a strong environment of support at all levels of a project team
- Leading high throughput agile software processes with continuous delivery
- Enable the team to succeed by identifying gaps, improving processes, and providing growth opportunities
- Optimizing team performance across multi-disciplinary departments
- Delegating tasks and setting deadlines to ensure team success
- Acting as a key mentor for developing talent within the company
- Accountable for teams progress and execution of engineering goals
- Ensure all project teams maintain strong alignment with Kano culture and core values
- Assisting in all stages of new project planning
- Creating and monitoring budgets for engineering projects
- Solving problems, balancing priorities, and finding solutions that fit the goals of Kano and lead to improved performance of the team
Your background should include:
- 6+ years of experience with at least 3+ years experience in a leadership or management role
- Proven experience leading and scaling teams, including mentoring engineers
- Back-end or full-stack development experience at scale
- Experience shipping consumer-facing software products and/or games
- Strong understanding of OO and modern software design principles
- A strong desire to build something that people really want
- Extensive software architecture experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS
- Experience with database architecture and design: both relational and nonrelational
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
Click here to apply!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Nanaimo, BC, Duncan, BC, Gulf Islands, BC, Vancouver Island, BC