Executive / Personal Assistant
Executive / Personal Assistant
Please note that at this time we are only accepting applications from the BC Lower Mainland or Southern Vancouver Island.
Who Are We?
Avato's Hybrid Integration Platform is relied on by complex financial institutions and health organizations who need to thrive in complex, highly-regulated environments. The Avato culture is smart, fun and frankly, quite open. If there is an issue, we discuss it until it’s resolved. There is full freedom to call it as we see it.
Who Are you?
A seasoned executive assistant with excellent communication and organizational skills, you have a passion for learning and a knack for pre-emptively enhancing the productivity of our CEO, you are known by your connections for your attention to detail and professionalism in every interaction.
To make Darren Stevens, CEO of Avato, a more focused, effective and productive executive leader of the company. You’ll accomplish this by removing all of the tasks, activities, details, etc., that get in his way (and cause him stress and distraction). This includes executive and personal tasks, activities, etc.
- Own the CEO’s calendar and eventually his inbox and prioritization of activities
- Schedule all CEO and C-level meetings
- Take care of everything travel related (ferries, planes, business, personal)
- Take care of everything related to the CEO’s Victoria estate / home office (find landscapers, manage house cleaners, etc.)
- Own corporate administration (employee related, insurance, office, etc.)
- Conduct market research as assigned by the CEO
- Manage the personal brand of the CEO, including musical ventures
- Complete CRM entries until that role can be handed off to someone else
- Plan cool company events that build culture and staff morale
Core Competencies (basically, who you are):
- Smart and energetic
- Experienced and confident working at the senior level with employees and customers on a wide range of tasks
- A brilliant communicator (written, spoken)
- Creative in getting the job done. There isn’t anything you can’t figure out given sufficient authority
- Love to laugh!
- Love music, technology and fast-growing tech companies
What the CEO considers success (in your role) to look like…:
- How quickly you figure out his calendar and inbox and start to take it over
- How often employees, customers, partners, vendors and others tell the CEO how much they appreciate your work
- How much fun you have doing in your role
- How often you solve something your own way
- How much of his executive and personal stuff you’ve removed from his head (and his plate)
Based in Victoria, this role will be based out of Avato’s home office unless you are out and about getting things done. Periodically you’ll need to spend the day in Avato’s corporate offices in Victoria or Vancouver.
You’ll report directly to the CEO, and, you’ll get to know the small but super smart Avato team (and partners) well enough that they’ll probably start telling you all of the important stuff before they tell the CEO (because you’ll take it and run with it). You know exactly what that means.
Your experience level and professionalism command a good salary and benefits package.
Contact us to get the rest of the story.
How to apply:
Email cover letter and CV to
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level