First Light Technologies
First Light Technologies (FLT) is currently looking to add a Firmware Developer to our team!
First Light is driven to create the best solar lighting products, and great firmware is a key element in making lights that can thrive in any climate. The Firmware Developer will be a key member of the team designing the brains of First Light Technologies’ products. The successful candidate will take new designs from the concept phase through to production and may help to develop mobile applications. This is a full-time position located in Victoria, BC.
- Developing firmware to control the solar charging of batteries, the operation of LEDs, communication with mobile devices and algorithms that adapt the light to the environment.
- Modelling the function of firmware algorithms against real-world data to optimize product performance.
- Strong collaboration with electronics, mechanical and product management teams to ensure a whole system approach to product development.
- Application of Test-Driven Development techniques and tools to create robust and reliable products.
- Verify and validate designs through to production.
- Build, maintain and troubleshoot factory test automation scripts.
- Developing work tasks and estimates as required for project planning.
- Developing and maintaining long term testing of embedded systems.
- Contributing to the continuous evolution of FLT’s product technology and development processes.
- Other duties, as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer or Electrical Engineering - required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing firmware in C programming language
- Demonstrated experience with Python
- Familiarity with C++
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M and TI MSP 430 microprocessors and low power wireless technologies; Bluetooth Low Energy experience an asset
- Experience developing iOS and Android mobile applications would be an asset
- Solid base of embedded real-time programming development and debugging
- Experience with Python for build system and development tools is an asset
- Experience with solar power, LEDs and optoelectronics is an asset
- Familiarity with Docker and VMware
- Ability to read and understand schematics, board layouts and component datasheets
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level