Vivid Solutions is a software development company that creates and implements innovative technology solutions. We thrive on tackling challenges and developing solutions that help people and businesses do what they do even better.
With a focus on value and quality we work closely with our clients to identify the strategic needs of their business to determine the technology capabilities required to support their goals. We help our clients navigate their specific situation to enable them to confidently address technology related decisions and create enduring results.
We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer to provide leading IT services to our clients.
- Write and maintain solid, robust, efficient and maintainable code using best of breed languages, frameworks and tools.
- Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications in accordance with established standards.
- Design and develop APIs.
- Ensure cross-platform optimization and responsiveness of applications
- Create rapid prototypes to support the design process.
- Integrate developed code with automated test infrastructure.
- Mentor and learn from other team members through pairing, code reviews, and documenting code.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Assist with preparation of design and test documents.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience building and maintaining large, enterprise and/or Internet applications supported by a degree or technical diploma.
- Expert knowledge of REST and RESTful web services.
- Experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle or Postgres.
- Experience utilizing bug tracking applications such as JIRA and version control such as GIT, Bitbucket or SVN.
- Experience working with and writing Unit, Integration and E2E tests.
- Experience in Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration and Delivery, Test-Driven Development and Application Lifecycle Management.
- Knowledge of Microservices Architecture.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as React and Angular.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both spoken and written.
- Track record of maintaining effective relationships with multiple teams (Applications, Infrastructure, DBAs) and all levels of management.
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and best practices.
Nice to have:
- IT experience in public sector environments.
- Experience modernizing legacy applications in an iterative approach.
- Experience in developing spatially enabled, mapping and GIS applications.
Benefits & Culture:
- Great health benefits.
- Profit share program.
- RRSP matching.
- Flexible hours & work-from-home options.
- Team events.
- Professional Development.
- Personal Health and Wellness benefit.
- A company that’s committed to a work life balance with excellent professional growth opportunities.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level