Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
Crowd Content Media Inc.
Crowd Content is a fast-growing technology company with a mission to help businesses get high-quality, engaging content at scale via our freelance workforce. Using assistive technologies, innovative workflows and some of the best writing talent on the planet, the Crowd Content platform has served over 6,000 customers, including Fortune 500 enterprises such as Best Buy, Walmart and Bloomingdale’s, across 85+ countries since it was founded in 2013.
What We Do
In today’s content-centric world, businesses need to create and publish engaging content consistently to win customers. But let’s face it — writing amazing content is difficult and time-consuming. Our platform and talented workforce of freelance writers make creating content at scale simple for businesses. Some of our customers order over 1,000 articles per month from Crowd Content.
Why Join Crowd Content?
We’re a fun, energetic team on a trajectory to the top of our industry. When you join Crowd Content, you’re joining a high-performing team and experienced management that is focused on business and career growth. We believe in mentoring and supporting each employee as they work toward their personal and team goals. As a VIATEC member, Crowd Content employees gain access to special networking events in the Victoria business community and additional career resources.
- Career growth opportunities
- Downtown Victoria office (Yates Street)
- Flexible work location (home or office)
- Excellent benefits package
- Quarterly team events
You will work directly with the development team to build new segments and features to improve the Crowd Content system, increasing value for users. You’ll get the opportunity to grow with the team, work on cutting edge tech within the content generation space and help develop efficient processes as a team.
What we expect:
- Driven to succeed – meet and beat team and individual targets and goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on the phone, slack and email.
- Be professional, able to take direction, work independently and efficiently to meet project deadlines.
- An understanding of modern PHP
- Experience with at least one PHP back end framework (Laravel, Symfony, etc)
- Knowledge of software life-cycle and agile methodologies.
- A passion for clean, well structured and sustainable code.
- You have a high level ability to adapt, solve problems and troubleshoot our customers issues.
- You are a team player who loves to collaborate and bounce ideas off others – you understand that giving/receiving feedback is crucial in your development and growth.
- Experience with an iterative design and software development process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly, and testing hypotheses in an agile environment.
Nice to haves:
- You have an understanding of OOP, RDBs, APIs, and web technology
- Experience with version control, ideally Git
- Basic understanding of using front-end frameworks such as JQuery, Vue, Angular or ReactJS
- Experience working with Agile principles.
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Understanding of modern containerization concepts (Docker, Kubernetes etc)
We are only seeking candidates local to Victoria, B.C, Canada at this time.
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level