Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
Redbrick and Leadpages are headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
Redbrick and Leadpages are committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching (Canada) and 401k (US)
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located offices (Victoria & Minneapolis)
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
- Modern tech stacks (React, TypeScript, Python, Kubernetes)
- Opportunities to contribute to open-source communities
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability — all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
One of our four portfolio companies, Leadpages is a platform that makes it easy for entrepreneurs to build no-code websites and landing pages. With built-in lead generation and digital marketing tools, small businesses and entrepreneurs can grow their businesses online by easily generating leads and converting them into customers. Leadpages is 45 people strong and is the newest addition to the Redbrick portfolio. At Leadpages, we live and breathe communication, collaboration and we’re genuinely proud of each other's achievements. We treat each other really well, and we love what we do, every day.
“Forget about hating Mondays. At Leadpages, there’s a powerful reason behind the work that we do, plenty of opportunity to stretch your skillset, and brilliant, good-hearted people to support you in ‘getting it done.’”
— Madeline, Leadpages
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You need to know what you’re applying for before you sign up, right? This is what you need to know: As a Full-Stack Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining and elevating existing applications.
- As you embed yourself in our agile environment where you'll actively participate in planning, pairing, and writing tests. There will be the opportunity to deploy to production by the end of your first week!
- Continuous growth as an engineer through mentorship, peer review, and individual contributions to emerging technology standards and best practices.
- Having a blast chasing big (but manageable) goals with some of the best minds in the industry. You’ll love what you do and have a really good time!
After 1 week
- You will be onboarded the Engineering team and get a sense of how your role will fit within the company
- You will be introduced to our applications and repos
- You will be introduced to our current or upcoming OKR’s and where your role will be a part of them
After 1 month
- You will be introduced to our product roadmap and understand our goals and vision
- You will already be working on assigned OKR’s and providing updates on the status’
- You will have discussed your goals with your manager and how you will like to achieve those goals
After 6 months
- You will have a clear understanding of the full breadth of our application and tech stack
- You will be confidently planning, pairing, and writing tests independently and within your team
- Will be working alongside your peers through mentorship and peer review for continuous growth
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Full Stack Developer with Leadpages, there are extra specialties we’re on the lookout for:
- A love of interface design that demonstrates your prioritization of user experience.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- You grit your teeth over the true maintainability of your code and strive to deliver quality in the documentation, performance, monitoring, testing, integration, security, and continuous delivery.
- Working knowledge of Python or Wordpress is a big plus.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your GitHub or public repos. To apply, please do so here: https://recruiterflow.com/db_1eeb8dae16f2ad6de5a11a5477873745/jobs/177
2. Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level