ABOUT VIVID SOLUTIONS:
Vivid Solutions is an innovative software development company dedicated to propelling businesses forward with cutting-edge technology solutions. We firmly believe that challenges are opportunities for growth, and are passionate about helping businesses thrive by developing technology solutions that enable them to excel in their respective industries. With over 20 years of experience in the IT industry, Vivid Solutions boasts a wealth of knowledge, experience, and adaptability in an ever-changing technological landscape. Our value-driven and innovation-first mindset cements us as one of the leading custom software teams and drives us to produce top-tier products for our clients.
At Vivid Solutions, we believe that a motivated and fulfilled team contributes to our overall success. We offer a unique work experience that balances making a tangible impact with the continuous growth and stability that you seek, while our people-first culture fosters professional development and work-life balance. To learn more about what we offer, visit https://www.vividsolutions.com/.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our dedicated and experienced technical team to provide leading IT services to our clients. Working in an agile environment, our Full Stack Developers work with their team to design, code and test customized solutions.
- Develop software applications based on design specifications in accordance with applicable standards.
- Incrementally design, develop, test, debug, and deploy IT products using modern software delivery tools, frameworks, and deployment methods.
- Implement APIs and integrate services with existing applications.
- Create and execute unit and integration tests and prioritize defect fixes.
- Working collaboratively on an Agile development team on a range of exciting projects using a structured development process.
- Participate in team reviews for functional specification, technical design, and code review meetings.
- Effectively managing scope and client expectations on individual assignments.
- 7+ years’ experience building and maintaining large, enterprise and/or internet applications.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Technical Diploma.
- Expert knowledge of REST and RESTful web services.
- Experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle or Postgres.
- Experience in Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration and Delivery, Test-Driven Development and Application Lifecycle Management.
- Knowledge of Microservices Architecture.
- Experience with UI frameworks such as React and Angular.
- Track record of maintaining effective relationships with multiple teams (Applications, Infrastructure, DBAs) and all levels of management.
NICE TO HAVE:
- IT experience in public sector environments.
- Experience modernizing legacy applications in an iterative approach.
- Experience in developing spatially enabled, mapping and GIS applications.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Salary Range: $90k to $120k.
- Comprehensive Extended Health and Dental.
- RRSP Matching.
- Annual Sick Leave.
- Personal Health & Wellness Benefits.
- Professional Development support.
- Profit Share Program.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We are an equal-opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability. We hire based on talent, and we’re excited to hear what you will bring to our team!
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter via the 'Apply for This Job' link. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you don’t meet all of our requirements exactly or have taken a non-traditional professional path, we still want to hear from you! Use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we strive to build a diverse team and recognize that skills are transferable.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level