GIS Web Developer
GIS Web Developer
Forte Consulting Ltd. (www.forteconsulting.ca) is a growing BC-based GIS, software development, and spatial data integration firm. We serve a broad range of public and private sector clients and have industry leading expertise in developing solutions for the land management, natural resource and utilities sectors.
Forte is seeking intermediate and entry level GIS Web Developers to join our team, either as contractors or full-time employees. Successful candidates will work under the direction of senior Forte staff, and will be expected to work effectively in both collaborative and independent situations.
Forte offers a positive, flexible, and open work environment. We strive to ensure that employees maintain a positive work/life balance and we regularly organize family-friendly Forte cultural events. Forte consultants started to work remotely with greater frequency during the COVID-19 pandemic, though we still enjoy regular collaboration in our bull-pen style office environment, which we believe fosters stronger working relationships. Remote work may be an option depending on the candidate.
In addition to formal training in both GIS and application development, the preferred candidate will be interested in learning new skills, solving diverse problems, and working on different projects in parallel.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Formal training and project experience with at least one of the following development languages:
- Java / J2EE
- ASP.NET / C#
- Formal training and project experience with an enterprise RDBMS such as:
- SQL Server
- Project development experience with one or more of the following GIS platforms:
- Esri ArcGIS / ArcSDE / ArcGIS Server
- MapGuide OpenSource
- Safe Software Feature Manipulation Engine (FME)
- VertiGIS Studio / Geocortex Essentials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project experience with source control e.g. Git or Subversion
Please send your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your interest in Forte Consulting; however, please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type : Full-Time, Contract
Location : Vancouver Island, BC, Remote
Experience Level : Entry Level, Junior Level, Intermediate Level