Reliable Controls Corporation
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are actively seeking an experienced Hardware Designer. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in power electronics, solid troubleshooting skills, and thorough knowledge of electronics design. The successful candidate will enjoy a role that is varied and works closely with new technology and tools. This position will provide the right amount of challenge to the right candidate and allow opportunities for growth and development in a collaborative and supportive environment. We offer a very competitive total compensation package and a balanced work environment and culture where employees come first.
Perks & benefits we offer to our team:
- A highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
- Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
- Substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Assist in new product development and maintenance of existing products.
- Component sourcing, evaluation, datasheet analysis, and selection.
- Critical analysis of circuit design, simulation, prototype and testing of hardware.
- Circuit board layout, building prototype circuits, surface mount soldering.
- Perform environmental tests on existing product, and to document the performance and results of the tests.
- Design verification, create test apparatus, program the product and analyze results.
- Schematic design review
- Assist in automated test bed design and implementation.
- Transducer calibration, specifically: temperature, humidity, CO2, and some other sensors.
- Electronics Diploma or Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years related experience.
- Electronics design using embedded processors, analog circuits, SM power supply, some RF.
- Understanding of compliance regulations for CE approval and UL safety.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, specifically with electronics circuits.
- Manufacturing process, design for manufacture, surface mount and mechanical interface.
- Soldering rework skills.
- Interest in power electronics, load switching AC.
- Knowledge of HVAC mechanical systems, controls thereof, applications, or installation experience.
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at www.reliablecontrols.com under "Careers" section. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level