Head of People and Culture
Head of People and Culture
Head of People and Culture
We're looking for an innovative and collaborative candidate who has worked in growth mode startups! Please include a cover letter telling us about the most innovative ideas you have implemented from a team culture point of view and the outcome!
You care about people. Whether it’s their health or a frustration they are encountering at work, you want to see them succeed.
You care about quality in everything you do. Whether it’s double-checking that email or triple-checking payroll, you always dot your i’s and cross your t’s.
You connect to your own and others’ health journey. You understand the challenges people have with their own health and may have even experienced some challenges yourself; as a result, you empathize with those seeking solutions. You believe that health is a journey and are passionate about supporting others along their path.
You run the show. You don’t need to be hand-held in your daily function and enjoy the opportunity that comes with a company in high growth. You are capable of developing processes and systems to improve the flow of work in your corner of the business and you love innovating solutions to make work easier every day.
Role & Responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and help grow VitaminLab with your love of people and keen interest in helping to build a strong team culture.
As the Head of People and Culture, you are responsible for:
- Posting employment ads, setting up and attending interviews with department managers.
- Evaluating staffing and company goals and developing a strategy to meet those goals from a people and culture perspective.
- New employee contracts, on-boarding and training prep in collaboration with department managers.
- Organizing, participating and providing direction for quarterly employee reviews and career development meetings.
- Developing team building and culture enhancing events and programs.
- Evaluating the success of our work life balance initiatives like Personal Fridays, and making recommendations for other improvements we can make to ensure our team is happy and productive.
- Working with department managers and the executive team to address team member challenges as needed.
- Develop new human resource initiatives, including on-boarding program, 360 interviews, town halls, and 30-60-90 day initiatives.
- Checking in with our remote staff and ensuring efficient communication with the rest of the team.
- Managing VL’s HRMS system including, reviews, time off and communication to the team.
- Be the lead for researching and applying for employment grants.
- 3+ years of training and/or experience in People and Culture or Human Resource roles, with a strong focus on people and team culture.
- Strong experience in interviewing and hiring, with a solid track record of successful hires.
- A strong understanding of labour laws and Human Resource best practices.
- Ability to quickly identify new systems/platforms for the company and take ownership in implementation working alongside internal stakeholders.
- Strong tech skills and the ability to evaluate new systems and tech platforms quickly. At VL we use Slack, G-Suite Workspace, Monday, ADP, ROE Web and a new HRMS system.
As our Head of People and Culture, you embody VL’s values:
- Positive and proactive: you understand that things can get a bit crazy and stressful in a fast growing organization. A strategic approach and a great mindset will allow you to tackle the biggest challenges.
- Open minded and collaborative: in this role you’ll be working with all departments and many amazing personalities, you’re happy to look for ways to work with them all and you welcome insights from all team members.
- A life long learner: you’re always looking for ways to improve and grow, we’re particularly fond of podcasts and books around here, and we’d love another colleague we can learn new and interesting things from.
- A people person: this goes beyond your title, you love getting to know people and they see you as a person they can truly trust.
- An innovator: your goal in HR is to change how organizations engage their teams! You got into this profession because you were tired of corporate feeling HR practices and you see a new way forward.
- Organized: you understand the importance of your daily tasks and how they impact the team, you’ve got a knack for keeping everything on track and know how to prioritize.
COVID-19 Considerations for this Role:
- This role is a Victoria-based position.
- During COVID, VitaminLab operates out of our coworking space, Kwench, on Store Street.
- Post-COVID, you’ll be working out of our dedicated office space in Victoria, B.C.
Our Amazing Perks & Employee Programs:
- Personal Fridays: all Full Time team members get every other Friday as a paid day off after their 3 month probation.This translates into an extra five weeks of paid time off throughout the year and is all about creating work/life balance and healthy living. To read about this program and its success, check out our CEO's LinkedIn article about it.
- Extended Health Benefits: 50/50 premium split, through CanadaLife.
- Wellness account: $75/month for wellness expense reimbursement, on a use it or lose it basis.
- Your own custom supplement up to $100/month in value.
- Opportunity to help shape the future of an incredible organization.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume here: https://ca.indeed.com/job/head-people-and-culture-aae3b542b7374bfa
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level